chapter 10

i woke up the next morning at around 10 and checked my phone.

mattia:
you look cute where you're asleep 😉

oh shit i fell asleep on facetime with mattia , i texted back apologizing before getting up and getting ready , we were all supposed to go to a creek nearby to just chill and i'm pretty sure the boys wanted to smoke weed .

***

"mom i'm heading down to the creek with taylor them " i said , "sure honey i'll be over at camila's house if you need me " she said and i froze in my spot but proceeded out of the house . i decided not to say anything because my mom deserved to be happy and have friends too even if they are mattia polibio's parents .

i arrived at taylor's house and texted her to come outside , her and vic came out a few minutes later . "sup bitches " i said as they got in , "do you know where we're going " asked vic , "yea i do mattia just texted me the location " i replied after checking my phone .

we drove down to the creek jamming to vic's playlist and honestly it was such a vibe . we pulled up and realized we had to kinda hike down to the creek.

"i didn't wear the shoes for this " vic complained as we started walking down hill . "at least it hasn't been raining because i would've fell on my ass by now " taylor added as we all started laughing .

when we got to the creek eventually we could see all the boys sitting on a rock nearby , there were a couple other guys and girls with them too but no one i recognized .

"hi losers" taylor said as we got close enough for them to hear us . i hugged ale and then kairi who picked me up slightly causing me to blush . "hi asswipe " i said sitting down next to mattia on the rock . "sup bro " he responded nudging into me slightly. "don't i get a hug " he said fake pouting his lip. "no " i said laughing . "awe i though you'd be nicer considering you left me hanging on facetime last night " he said and taylor's head snapped around "i fell asleep on facetime nothing else " i said immediately getting defensive . "i'm shocked you even facetime him , you hate facetime " she said and mattia started laughing as my face went red . i could feel kairi's eyes on me from the side . "i really don't like you polibio " i said , "that's fine , i don't like you either , but my mom likes you " he said taking the blunt from ale , "she invited you over for dinner tonight since your moms already there " he said as he blew out the smoke . he passed the blunt over me to kai who rejected it "don't be a pussy now because she's here you were smoking the entire time before " he said and kairi shot him a look . "i can't , kai and i have a date tonight " i said . "you do ?" mattia said slightly shocked "we do ? -i mean we do " kairi said steadying himself . i smiled and winked at him . "okay whatever " mattia said brushing it off and getting off the rock to go speak to one of the other girls nearby . weird .

i turned my attention back to kai , "so where are we going " i asked and he laughed . "uhm i have a couple ideas i'll pick you up a couple hours after we all leave here ?" he asked and i nodded .

the rest of the day was spent chilling , filming tiktoks , swimming and sun tanning . "okay we're gonna get going " i said as the girls and i packed up our things , mattia had been M.I.A for about an hour with that girl from earlier .

we started the long uphill walk back to the car when we walked past mattia and the girl making out next to a tree , "get a room matti " taylor yelled and he flashed her a middle finger as the girl just pulled him down as started making out with him again .

"who's that girl " i asked as we got to the car "i think her name is jora " vic said , "yea she's from the city her and mattia apparently have a thing but honestly i think it's just a clout chase again " taylor said climbing in the car. my heart sank slightly because he honestly didn't deserve that but i just hoped it wasn't the case .

i got a text as we got to taylor's house
it was from kai .
"i'll pick you up at 7"
i smiled at my phone , "don't be smiling at your phone like that it's a dangerous thing " said taylor , "shut up " i said showing her middle finger .

***

it was now a couple minutes before 7 and i texted my mom to let her know i was going out , she replied saying she's still at mattia's house and she was staying for dinner .

kairi texted me to let me know he was outside . i grabbed my keys and headed out locking the door behind me . i just decided to wear a simple crop top and jeans since i didn't know where we were going again .

" hi there " i said leaning over and hugging him , "you good ?" he asked and i nodded in response . "so i kinda decided on a pretty cliche date " he admitted as we started driving . "define cliche " i giggled , "uhm - kissing booth level " he said , " a carnival ?" i asked a bit overly excited . he chuckled "yea there's one happening in the town over figured it be cool " he said , "super cool" i added . "i've never been to one before " i said and he seemed shocked , "now we've got to live up to all the expectations then " he said smiling .

***

"kai you suck " i said as we were trying to throw these rings around bottles . "shut up you're distracting me " he said laughing . "let me try " i said taking a ring from him and throwing it perfectly onto a bottle "see " i said and he laughed . we ended up wining a stuffed dinosaur, "should probably give it to mattia " i said and he chuckled a bit .

we played a couple more games and got corn dogs and candy floss to eat. "let's go there's one more thing we have to do " he said pulling my arm . we stood in the line in front of the ferris wheel "kai i'm scared of heights " i said softly , he wrapped his arm around my shoulder " don't worry you'll be fine i'll be there to hold your hand "

we sat down in the seat thing and i took a deep breath , "here give me your hand " he said i grabbed hold of his hand as we started moving , he rubbed circles into my hand "it's going to be okay see here's a bar so nothing can happen" he said and i smiled calming down slightly when the whole when stopped "what's happening " i said slightly panicked , "it stops to let people on and so that everyone gets a chance at the top " he explain trying not to giggle . i exhaled and decided to just relax . i leaned into him and he put his arm around my shoulders while i snuggled into his shoulder slightly .

when we eventually got to the top i was shocked , "it's so pretty up here" i said sitting up slightly. "i told you " he said and i smiled at him . "thank you for bringing me here " i said and he leaned in slightly causing the cart to move . i let out a small scream and kai burst out laughing grabbing me and pulling me back into his chest . "relax it's okay " he said hugging me and i let out a small giggle at my scream.

***

the entire night was so good but the thought of kai trying to kiss me was kinda giving me a bad feeling i don't want the whole scenario to end up like what happened with ale because we moved to fast i rather wanted to take things slow and make sure before anything happened.

we pulled up at my house and he got out to walk me to my door "thanks again for the night kai" i said hugging him . i pulled back and he leaned in and i leaned back "kai " i said softly . "it's okay i understand " he said , "no i don't think you do let me explain " i said , "no it's okay " he said with a hurt smile , "i could see from earlier you like mattia and that's okay i get it " he said . "wait what " i said , "yes i could see at the creek " he said . "i'll see you a round " he said kissing my cheek before leaving me standing at my door alone .

authors note

can we try and get this chapter to 25 votes for the next chapter ? 👀
just wanna keep showing my appreciation for all the reads and votes 🥺❤️

i love you
-han 💋