chapter 13

it's the next day , i lied to taylor to avoid having to tell her about mattia because i know i'll cave and tell her . so i told her i was running late and that she should drive in with out me .

i arrived at school slightly later than normal to hold up my "lie" walking in just as the bell rang for first period . i had physics first and i was oddly excited for once .

i walked in and sat behind mattia who just smirked at me as i walked past . "since when are you late " he asked turning around to face me i held up my finger to say shhh . "i wasn't , i was trying to avoid taylor asking me any questions " i said so that only he could hear considering vic sat across from us aswell . "you look cute today by the way " he said and i smiled , "thanks ferb" i said and he chuckled turning to face the front again .

we walked out of physics together when suddenly taylor popped up , "kels let's go to the library for homeroom " she said and shot mattia a look , i completely spaced about having homeroom with her . "okay "i said walking after her , i turned around to see mattia laughing at me , i shot him a middle finger and he blew me a kiss .

"so what the fuck is going on " she whisper yelled at me once we sat down "nothing " i shrugged , "have you guys spoken " she asked and i nodded "yea but not about that because i think we're both just avoiding it honestly " i said trying to act sad . "really ? i was almost positive he liked you too " she said and i raised a brow "why " i asked , "because he's been talking about his girl and from what he was i thought it was you and i know he broke up with jenna because of how she treated you so " she said and i frowned , "you never told me that was the reason he broke up with jenna " i said . "yes because he told me not to duh " she said and i couldn't help but laugh.i felt so bad for lying to her but i knew that it was a good reason and i'm sure i'll tell her soon enough i just wanted to wait a bit .

mattia's pov

i sat down in english with kai and ale . "dude just get over it , it's not his fault " i heard ale say to kai and kai shot me a look . "what's up " i said and ale just looked at kai . "kairi is convinced that kelsey likes you and that's why she rejected him "ale said and i almost smirked at the though of it "nah i don't think so , she does like someone though because she asked me for advice about it when i drove her home " i shrugged trying to ease the tension. " i don't care much if she does like you or someone else i just want her to tell me " he said , "you didn't exactly let her explain anything " i said slightly defensive but mentally slapping myself because i'm not supposed to know what happened.  he looked up at me "uhm she told taylor and taylor told me " i said quickly as a cover up .

"yea maybe i should speak to her tomorrow or something " he said and i nodded .

after english we had lunch and i walked into the cafeteria and bought a gatorade before going to sit down opposite kelsey she smiled up at me but quickly recovered when she saw kairi and Alejandro walking over .

"can i talk to you " i hear taylor say next to me as i took a sip of my gatorade i looked at her and nodded before looking at kelsey and she shrugged .

we walked out of the cafeteria into the almost empty hall , "what wrong " i asked and she turned to face me . she stared at me for a while "who's the girl your simping over " she asked and i immediately regretted telling her that a few weeks ago . "why , what does it matter " i asked , "because i know kelsey kissed you and i want to know why you haven't spoken to her about it yet " she asked and my face fell . "uhm i just didn't know what to say to her " i shrugged , "bullshit matti , you're always super straightforward so even if you didn't like it there's a reason you haven't told her " she practically yelled . i covered her mouth with my hand "why the fuck are you shouting " i asked looking around to see who was listening and her face lit up . "tell me the truth right now or i swear me being loud will be the least of your problems " she said and i rolled my eyes i knew she was bluffing but i had no energy to test it right now . "pinky promise you won't tell anyone " i said and she put her pinky out .