Chapter 18

A/N: Hit the vote button for this looong chapter!

Esther would put an end to her son’s foolish behavior and wanted to rid the village ofA gnes’ daughters. They were up to no good and the village would be better of without them.

Innocently, Esther knocked on the Marwick’s door and waited patiently for someone to open the door for her. When the creaking noise of the door could be heard, Esther put on a fake gentle smile and greeted Grida, the daughter with the least favorable reputation and her son Niklaus’ unfortunate love interest. She did not understand how Niklaus could ever love a girl as negative and aggressive as Grida Marwick.

“Hello dear, I’ve come to visit your mother”, Esther smiled politely and was let in by Grida without any words. Grida walked to the back of the hut and informed Agnes about Esther’s arrival. She watched from the corridor behind the living space how the women greeted each other with a hug.

Grida sat on the floor with her back against the wall, thinking about what happened earlier with Niklaus andKanand played with the sleeves of her dark green dress when she suddenly heard something very interesting. Werewolves during full moon. Esther’s story sparked Grida’s curiosity the longer she listened to it. She couldn’t wait for the next full moon.

Freya was walking downtown and was on her way to the well on a cloudy day. She nodded at familiar faces and smiled kindly at the villagers when all of a sudden something hit her tibia and Freya started falling down face-forward. The chicken that had caused Freya to fall quickly fled from the three year old boy chasing it and was thus able to avoid being crushed by Freya. Freya barely missed the boy and landed with a thud onto the hard soil. The Marwick’s long brown hair was swept across her face as Freya slowly crawled up on hands and knees. She blew some of the strands of her dark heavy hair out of her face and looked between the strands, seeing the beautiful face of a concerned woman.

“Viktor!”, the woman’s voice called out after the little boy that had the same skin tone and hair color as she did. The woman bent down next to Freya and threw her brown curly hair onto her back before helping Freya get up. Freya nodded thankfully and tucked her hair behind her ears.

“Thank you”, she said, still a little bit shocked from her fall. She might’ve been clumsy and knew she could expect little accidents, yet she was never prepared for them. Freya eyed the woman’s beautiful face and lightly tanned skin and recognized her as the woman from the brook that had been washing her child when Freya had first arrived in theNew World.

“My apologies for my son”, the woman said and shot her son a concerned look. Freya followed her gaze and stared at the little boy who had seemingly caught the chicken and was somewhat straddling it. He was a beautiful little boy that resembled his mother, except for his eyes, that were the brightest shade of blue.

“I does not matter”, Freya replied focusing on the woman again. “It happens to me all the time”, she said and made the woman smile. “You have a beautiful son by the way.”

“Thank you”, the woman smiled kindly. She held out her hand and introduced herself as Tatiana Petrova.

“Freya Marwick”, Freya answered with shimmering eyes. She had the feeling this woman could turn out to be a great friend. Tatiana told Freya about her son and his father and how she’d ended up in the village. Freya listened closely and laughed, enjoying her conversation with the woman.

In the meantime Elijah, Niklaus and Kol and the Johnson twins, were chatting in the streets. Elijah and Niklaus were busy having their own conversation while Kol focused on the twins, whose long blond hair blew in the wind. Their dresses fell elegantly down their slender bodies and their pointy noses wrinkled whenever Kol would tell them another joke. Kol was quite the ladies man and knew very well how to work his charms.