Chapter 19

On a beautiful sunny day, Freya could not imagine spending her day any different than enjoying the fresh air outside and the rays of sunshine hitting her pale skin. She hummed a melodious tune as she left the village behind and entered a beautiful meadow, covered in pink and yellow flowers. Freya gently pushed the flower that reached up to her waist to the side as she walked to the center of the meadow. She inhaled the lovely scent of the flower before picking a few one and putting them in her basket.

“Freya!”, a male voice yelled. Freya turned around, sweeping her hair onto her back and smiled when she saw Elijah running while waving at her. Freya blushed as she watched the handsome man running towards her.

Freya watched as Elijah neared her and suddenly disappeared between the flowers as he stumbled and fell. She dropped her basket and hurried to Elijah, kneeling down next to him with a worried expression on her face. Elijah turned around on his back, crushing a few flowers in the process. He smiled at Freya and moaned silently. Freya bit her lip and giggled as she watched how Elijah sat up. He started laughing too before standing up again. He dusted off his clothes, forgetting a few spots and Freya instinctively helped him. She gently swept her hand across his torso as she ridded his dark brown vest from green leaves.

Elijah watched Freya while she was fully concentrating on his vest and was mesmerized by how the sun hit her skin. He stared at her for a good while until he noticed that her big brown eyes were fixed upon his. She smiled shyly and turned around, walking back to the center of the meadow. Elijah stared after her dumbfounded.

Freya turned around after she noticed that Elijah was not following her. She looked over her shoulder and waved at him, while shooting him a warm smile. Elijah swallowed and nodded, following her with a steady pace.

While Freya had already stopped walking Elijah was lost in his own thoughts and didn’t notice when he walked into Freya’s back. She let out a gasp and barely caught her in his arms. He heard Freya sigh softly before she turned around in his arms and stared up at him sweetly.

“Thank you”, she whispered, merely moving her lips. A blush crept upon her face as Elijah’s hand very gently and slowly ran up her arm and was placed upon her face. He gently caressed her soft skin with his thumb, making her blush even more. Freya casted her eyes down for a moment, causing Elijah to pull back his hand immediately.

“I-eh”, Elijah cleared his throat. “I’ve been thinking about your question”, he said. Freya looked up at him while frowning. “The one you asked me during the welcome feast.”

“If it’s true that you talk about me a lot?”, Freya wondered and looked at the pink flower next to Elijah’s leg, with a small smile on her face. She casted her eyes at Elijah’s face again to see that he was nervous.

Elijah nodded. “The answer is…yes. I do talk about you a lot. I – I can’t seem to get you out of my mind. I am completely smitten by you Freya”, Elijah said without taking adequate breaths. “I love you…Freya”, Elijah finished calmly and stared deep into her eyes.

Freya’s heart skipped a beat when he said those three little words. She wasn’t prepared to hear them yet and had thought her love for him was not mutual. She was delighted to be proven wrong and smiled brightly. Never in her life had she been happier than to hear those words escape from his lips.

She cupped Elijah’s face, bringing him closer to her and stood up on her toes as she kissed him. It was sweet and gentle kiss, a perfect first kiss. The butterflies in Freya’s stomach awakened and it were as if her entire skin tingled. She shivered slightly when Elijah traced his hand along her back and pulled away from the kiss. Freya stared up at him sweetly and bit her lip.

“I love you too”, she answered, leaning her forehead against his. She took his hand and led him to a spot where the flowers had not grown as high and laid down next to Elijah in the grass. Her head rested on her chest as well as her hand and his strong arm was wrapped around her protectively. Freya sighed in happiness and enjoyed being so close to Elijah. She was in love with him…truly madly and deeply in love with him.

Freya and Elijah spent their day cuddling and talking, kissing and caressing, before returning to the village when the sun was starting to set. They walked hand in hand through the streets and Freya tried to ignore the curious stares they received from the villagers. She saw people whispering in each others ears and pointing at their intertwined hands and tried to ignore them.

Elijah noticed how uncomfortable Freya felt and squeezed her hand lightly. She turned to look at him and smiled as soon as she saw him smile. He leant close to her ear and started whispering sweet things, all the way to Freya’s hut. She giggled, smiled and enjoyed herself.

“Ready?”, Freya asked, glancing up at Elijah. He nodded firmly and opened the door for her like a true gentleman. He even made a small bow as he gestured for her to enter and kissed her hand before closing the door. It was weird having Elijah in her hut; it felt almost surreal yet natural as if it hadn’t been any different all along.

“Freya is that you?”, Maria’s girly voice asked entering the living space with curious eyes. A smile broke across her face when she saw Freya and Elijah, holding hands and both looking rather uncomfortable. “Oh Freya, I’m so happy for you!”, Maria said and ran towards her sister. She hugged Freya tightly and let go to take a better look at Elijah. He seemed slightly nervous being in their home, so she shot him a warm welcoming smile.

“What is going on?”, an unfamiliar voice said as a blonde girl stepped into the living space. Her long blonde hair flowed elegantly around her waist and her round blue eyes grew wide as soon as she saw Freya and Elijah.

“Rebekah?”, Elijah asked surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I believe I could ask you the same brother?”, she said pursing her lips, before glancing at Elijah and Freya’s intertwined hands. A small smirk crossed her face as she approached her brother. Elijah held his as Rebekah approached. He knew Rebekah wasn’t too fond of Tatiana or any woman that had ever showed interest in the Mikaelson Brothers. “Congratulations”, she said as a smile crossed her beautiful face. She embraced both Freya and Elijah at the same time and smiled at Maria, pulling her arm.

“Can you believe we are going to be family?”, Rebekah giggled at Maria as they walked back to Maria’s room, their arms intertwined and their steps synchronized.

Freya glanced at Elijah and shot him a radiant smile. He looked at her tenderly and turned his body towards her, so that he could caress her face gently while staring in her eyes. He kissed her forehead softly before pecking her lips lovingly.