*Chapter 1

Present time...

Zavian

The music was loud enough to block out all chatter, it was fueled by the joy of those gathered, their boisterous laughter and grinning faces as they twirled and jumped around in the most uncoordinated manner. Grabbing hold of one another, laughing as they jumped from one place to another.

The merry air, the joyful atmosphere held my mind, calming me, easing my fears and allowing me the briefness of no worries.

My eyes followed him, his large frame would have anyone believing him no younger than 24, but I knew, the young yet built boy was only a whole 15 years old. His reddish hair was darker in the dim light, the fire lighting the candles and kindling the fire on the significantly crowded tavern only helped show him halfheartedly, nonetheless, he was a gorgeous sight.

I watched Marius dance with my sister, twirling her around, lifting her up into the air, her squeals failing to reach me, but her face said it all to. I laughed as he glanced towards me briefly, making sure I hadn't disappeared. I rolled my eyes at the gesture, a small smile on my face when he grinned, continuing to swing the girl around to the tune.

"All my years, I never thought I'd see this day." The words were clear over the loud thrum of music, I turned to the sound of the soft and cautious voice. The woman smiled my way. "You haven't stopped watching them since you arrived." Her statement was met with my light shrug, I raised the mug of wine to my lips.

"I did accompany them after all." I decided to share before looking back at them.

"You care for them, don't you?" I glanced at her from the corner of my eye, my hands began to sweat, and I looked around silently, suspiciously. "I am alone." I felt my body freeze then. "I mean you no harm...my prince."

Cold ice seemed to seep into my bones and I turned in my seat towards the bar, slapping the mug down and licking my teeth before giving her my full attention. She was beautiful, with hair as dark as night, lose and cascading down the side of her body to her waist, she smiled, straight white teeth blinding me, a soft denting on both her cheeks, her eyes though are what held me. A startling midnight blue, with a hint of silver sparkling.

"Should I know you?" I asked her lowly, my hands intertwining.

"No...but I have seen you many times." She confessed and settled in a seat closer to me. The music sounded dull then, like an echo in my mind and her voice, it was so clear, even though it was obvious she wasn't shouting, she didn't make any other move to get any closer to me.

"Enough to know who I am. Forgive me for finding this suspicious." Her smile slowly faded as she looked over the crowded tavern. I found myself glancing at my sister and Marius, he was watching, skeptic and worried with brows furrowed while twirling my sister in her obliviousness. I shook my head slightly.

"Unfortunately, I had to be sure, before I approached." I looked back at her. "I hear you fight for us...that you want peace. I had to see it for myself, hear it from you without asking." My eyes squinted at her, brows furrowing I slipped my hand to the side when I felt him.

His heat was always the first for me, a sign he was getting anxious sometimes even angry, it was enough heat to have people stripping down to try and feel the wind hitting against their sweating skin, enough to make them uncomfortable even in their drunken stupors. I lifted my hand and held one finger straight, the heat simmered down as he read my warning for what it was.