*Chapter 58

Zavian

The witch smirked my way and I gapped unable to comprehended.

"Please put this in words I can understand." I spoke staring at my sister who chuckled.

"I took Greene's advantage. The thing that mattered most to him." I shook my head still unable to process the whole thing. I turned to the witch who approached me then, she held out her hand.

"We never really introduced ourselves, my name is Lira, Lira Greene." My mouth gapped at her and I stuttured.

"Greene? As- as in lord Greene's...?"

"I'm his bastard daughter, a pleasure, your Highness."

"Hold on." I raised my hand in the air then and stared at the ground trying to urge my light head to work despite it's condition. "You mean to tell me, that you," I looked to the witch, "are Lord Greene's daughter?" She nodded smiling, "and you got her out of Pilgra?"

"That is accurate." My sister nodded proudly.

"How?"

"Newborns are driven by their dying desire. They are determined in whatever they wish to accomplished upon waking." Benton spoke and I did not follow and Zyandra rolled her eyes laughing.

"I ran over to him and I killed his guards, I remembered you spoke of a book that hold spells, one of which kept a witch hostage and in Greene's possession." I nodded at that. "Well, I have a gift, one look at a person and I know their weakness." Her eyes clouded for a moment, "I found her in his gaze and along with her the book."

"Gift?"  She nodded firmly.

"So, this gift...?"

"I got when I became immortal."

"I-immortal?"

"Zavian," her eyes grew sad, the maroon intensifying. "I'm a vampire."

I felt my body slump as she said it. The echo made it more intense.

"I'm going to need you to save your shock for later." Lira spoke and I looked up at her, her gaze was soft. "My heart goes out to you, but time is not a friend I'm afraid."

"What so you mean?"

"Greene is not happy, he lost his edge, his key to winning his claim for the throne."

"Excuse me?"

"Why do you think he's raising the army? Now that he lost his element of surprise the moment Marius saw his army, he planned to put me in the field, to save him this battle as he tries to overthrow your reign."

"You mean my father, I'm not even crowned yet."

"Your as good as crowned, the people listen to you, they whisper you in their prayers every night, your father is forgotten and your father is being manipulated by Greene." I blinked a few times and she nodded. "Your father is under a spell, one that he has grown addicted to."

"What?"

"Yes, that's why he's always in Pilgra for weeks at a time."