*Chapter 49

Marius

I wanted to tell him. Every muscle claimed the need for honesty, for complete truth, but I hesitated. He was by his desk, reading through his work and I watch him and frowned. The tension in his shoulders brought a whimper to my lips, his scent was coated with worry and I had a need to calm him.

"Zavian," I called and he hummed then looked up at me with a small smile.

"You alright?"

I smiled at his question, "come with me?"

"Where to?" His hands relaxed and the papers settled down. That was all the confirmation I needed to stand and walk towards him, I had him wide eyed and standing.

"Just out."

He laughed when I pulled him along, forcing his body to move despite himself. We got to the stables and he raises a brow.

"You wish to go riding?" I shrugged. "You hate horse riding."

"No, I find it uncomfortable. I don't hate it." He shook his head and we mounted our horses. "Now, let us enjoy today, shall we?"

He nodded firmly before I let my horse run before the time, leaving him behind in a challenge. I heard the sound of his laugh behind me as we rode towards the closest village or town.

It was random and unplanned and that's what made it enjoyable. To cleanse his mind and to distract him from the weight on his shoulders I took him around to places we've been, I've been and both had never explored.

It began when we let our horses alone, tying them to a horses post, a wooden panel which allowed riders to leave their horses and hay for the horses to eat below them and water. I dragged him through the lively dirt street, with woman of colour, beautiful in their gowns, smiling shyly at us and holding promise in their gaze, we walked past stalls of goods from food to drinks to clothing and accessories and even furniture.

I pulled him into a store, I'd never seen before, it was close to empty with weird plants and vials of things.

We exchanged smiles and looked around at the store, marvelling at all it held and the mystery of it. We hadn't been approached by an owner so we continued, laughing as he pushed something of a weird scent into my nose and I gagged.

"The love of truth, and death of age, you two are destined to be great." We turned at the sound of the shrill whispered voice. The man was short with an eye patch on his right eye. "A hidden desire, an unjust choice, the journey before you,long but pure."

Zavian and I held each others gaze.

"Sorry," Zavian glanced away and smiled. "I'm afraid we don't... We don't understand." The man stared at Zavian, his one brown eye swirling over his face before he smile.

"Thank you, dear boy... We owe you our lives." The man took his hand and he looked at me confused and I shrugged.

"I-I'm sorry?" The man blinked furiously and let go.

"I am the owner, is there something specific you would like?" He smile broadly as though he hadn't been all scary and mythical just moments ago. I grabbed Zavian's forearm and gave a stiff smile, I reached into my pocket and shook my head.