Chapter Nine: Manipulation

Grian opened his eyes, and he wasn't expecting to see the mindscape once again.

The last thing he knew before this, is that he was on his way down to sit with the rest of the hermits for breakfast.

And why was he in his mindscape? He didn't bring himself here, that's for sure. It leaves his body vulnerable being here, and on top of that, it was a waste of time looking into nothing but grey nothingness.

The water rippled beneath his feet, the small waves of water colliding with another set, causing him to look up and narrow his eyes.

"We know what you're doing, Xelqua."

His eye twitched and he bit his tongue, he thought he was being more careful than he was.

"What are you talking about?"

He played innocent, despite already knowing. He didn't understand how the Watcher even got in his mindscape, they had been kicked out when he was kicked out.

The Watcher lifted his gloved hands out of the cloak, pulling down the black hood causing him to gasp, his heart dropping.

No. . . it couldn't be. . .

"Of course I know, because I'm you. But I'm loyal to the Watchers, unlike you."

The pearl white mask clattered to their feet, revealing a pair of eyes that were as dark as night. His hands shook, his past self had kept to the side of the Watchers? But why?

"—and I must say, your acting? I applaud you. You would have had us all fooled had the return spell not been cast."

With those words, Grian noticed the truth.

"You aren't me."

The Watcher chuckled, smirking as the mask returned to his face in purple flames and flicked the hood up. He couldn't react, his body frozen like ice as the Watcher put two fingers to his forehead, and the scenery changed.

•/\•/\•

Grian ran past the shops and took off to the skies, his dark purple feathery wings flapping powerfully. He vanished into the darkness of the skies, laughing happily as he felt the wind breezing through the feathers and his hair.

His heart pounded as he grinned, shooting a blast of magic and breezing through the smoke, covering his magic trail as he went.

He didn't want to get caught afterall.

Everyone was asleep, while he was out flying free as he enjoyed himself. Plus, what was one all nighter? Pretty much nothing considering he's pulled through for weeks while gathering materials.

He dived towards the water, only pulling up at the last second and brushing his hand through the waves, leaving a trail of white ripples behind him.

Grian could only watch his Hermitcraft self and was trapped on the top of his base with the Watcher holding him dangerously close to the edge.

"You will come back to us. Or else you will never experience happiness ever again."

•/\•/\•

Grian's eyes snapped open, and he stood from his collapsed position on the floor. He didn't bother to cast the spell that changed his eyes to purple and ran down the stairs like he had never before.

The hermits who eating, discussing what to next were halted and looked at the new-comer in concern and confusion. He was panting, sweat dripping down his cheeks, and his face was twisted into an expression of terror, as his nightmare had just come true.

"We— we are getting out of here. NOW!!"

•/\•/\•

He was once again trapped in his head,
a fake coming and manipulating him.

He didn't want this.

The hermits were given no explanation,
only told that they were leaving that instant.

Do you want the Epilogue tomorrow with chapter ten?