Chapter Ten: Home at Last

Grian made sure everyone kept up as he ran ahead, the hum of magic buzzing along his skin as he protected the large group from the blasts of magic and needles coming their way.

He panted at the work, getting more and more worn out as he stumbled, and Xisuma stabilised him as the others graciously took care of everything they could handle and keeping up.

No one had yet to ask questions, much to his relief.

They all ran into the cave and were in awe of what stood before them. A large unlit portal with branches curling around the frame, and a large pool of water that rippled from the air blowing against it.

Grian immediately put up a purple barrier around the cave, temporarily keeping that Watchers away and turned to the portal that seemed miles away from them. He wondered if this would work— he was too scared to test it and he doesn't know where the information came from.

He dropped to his knees and gathered his breath, blocking out the scared voices of his friends while holding his chest, the headache pounding at his skull like a drum.

His eyes whipped open, and he began using his hands to draw a large symmetrical symbol in the gravel below, before clasping his hands and creating a chant in a language they couldn't understand;

"o⍑ !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ, g𝙹↸'ᓭ ᔑʖ𝙹⍊ᒷ,
ᔑꖎꖎ𝙹∴ ᒲᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᒲᔑꖌᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ !¡ᔑℸ ̣ ⍑∴ᔑ||,
ʖᔑᓵꖌ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡ᔑᓭℸ ̣ ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷||ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ╎ᓭ ∷╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣.

w⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ⍑ᔑᓭ ʖᒷᒷリ ℸ ̣ ᔑᒲ!¡ᒷ∷ᒷ↸ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑,
ᔑリ↸ ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷||ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ╎ᓭ ╎リ 𝙹∷↸ᒷ∷.

pꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ ꖎᒷℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ ᓭᔑ⍊ᒷ ⍑⚍ᒲᔑリ╎ℸ ̣ ||."

His hands glowed and his eyes lit up with light purple light, the markings on the ground shining and the power almost blowing everyone away; he was this powerful?

Their clothes and hair fluttered and their eyes were wide, Grian looked like a god, standing from his knees and sending a huge burst of magic towards the portal, causing it to spark and light up in a heavenly blue.

Grian's body floated back to the ground, they hadn't even realised he was levitating, to begin with. He urged everyone forwards, setting up another shield as the previous had broken.

He coughed, wincing at how drained he felt. He had made sure the Watchers hadn't gotten back into his head, cutting out all sources of their presence and shoved Iskall and Xisuma onto the water. Much to their— and everyone else's surprise, they didn't fall in but followed on without questions. Now definitely wasn't the time.

"Is this safe?!"

"Safer than this situation. Now go!!"

No more hesitations were allowed as everyone was practically thrown through, Grian following closely behind and shutting off the portal behind him.

•/\•/\•

They landed on a beach, the sun shining down on them was a great relief compared to the foggy server they were just in.

Grian took in the smell of the fresh grass. The blooming flowers and the beautiful green trees swaying with the peaceful breeze and the frame of the portal they had popped out of vanished with a harsh blast of his magic.

He almost cried— he was home! He was back in Hermitcraft where he knew that he truly belonged.

A single tear of relief and happiness fell down his cheek before the adrenaline wore off, and he collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

•/\•/\•

There is only one thing left to say,
one single sentence to complete this story.

He had finally returned to where he belonged.

The epilogue will come tomorrow!