Chapter 4

Chris POV

Its finally the end of the school day which can only mean one thing time for football practice. Practice starts at 3:45 sharp if anybody is late we have to run for the first 30 minutes of practice. this goes for managers injured players anybody. Classes just got out at 3 so i run fast as I can to get to the atheltic building from the math building. Mind you thats a 10 minute walk because the altheltic building is all the way in the back. So I get to the lockeroom at 3:07 I quickly changed my clothes and put on my pads and cleats and hustle to the field. When I get there its 3:20 majority of the team is there waiting on me and a couple other people.

I look around and see my brother is not there so now im starting to worry because if we have to run on our first day Ima be hella pissed. I checked the clock and it id 3:25 he got five minutes to get here so that we can start stretches at 3:30 so that we can start practicing at 3:45 sharp. Im talking to my best bud Bird to past time. Bird real name is Rodger but I just call him Bird because his last name is Hacklebird so why not. As we talking I see my lil bro jogging to the feild thank god he is the last person we were waitng on and he showed up right on time as we began to do our stretches.

Me and Bird are leading the stretches because we are the captain and co-captain. I play QB and CB while Bird plays WR and CB. I love playing alongside my best bud. WIth me, him, and CJ on defense its really hard to score against us. I currently hold the school record for most interceptions in a season with 16. Last season Bird had 9 and CJ had 10. Not to mention the other players with interceptions like Hop who had 5. Not to mention our D-Line and there sacks. D-bo is our leading lineman with 16 sacks last season. Everybody on our defense hold D1 offers. Offense is also a scary sight to see we averaged 70 points per game last season.

Once we finished stretches we got down to the hard stuff. First we started with running. We ran goal line to goal line four tmes the we ran sidelines eight times then we ran bleachers. Bleachers are killers. We ran those for 5 minutes to close out our 15 minute run cycles. My legs were super sore. Next they split defense and offense and had us do our seperate drills for an hour. Me Bird and CJ dont go with anyside we work by ourselves with the Defensive an Offensive cordinators.  after that we worked on tackling drills for 30 minutes. Then we Scrimmaged for one hour. I love when we scrimmage. I do 30 minutes on offense and 30 minutes on defense. After that we ran bleachers for another five minutes.

After practice I went and got in the ice bath my body was hurting so bad. Bird came in and joined. We was talking about what we was gonna do after practice when CJ came up and asked if I could take him to this new resturant called The Cove. I was like I guess but you gotta find a way home. So then Bird was like why we dont go there and chill. I was like sure why not. So after 30 minutes we got out got dressed and head to The Cove.

We got to The Cove and went in. I aint gone lie it had a nice lil set up. We sat done at a open booth and a waitress came up and to my surprise the girl from school was our waitress. Her and CJ got to talking and everything while  im sitting there like "you gone take my order or nah." She looked at me wit a stank face then gon say "you gone pay my towing fee or nah." I said "nope." so she said exactly. She proceded to talk to CJ and Bird while im ova here starving finally she took our order. Bird got a Bacon double Cheeseburger with onions, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, A1 steak sauce, and pickels. CJ got a Philly cheesesteak with mayo mustard onions peppers bacon and mushrooms. While I got a 10 peice lemon pepper with ranch and cheese fries. We all got Strawberry lemonade to drink.

It did not take long for the food to come out. We took out first bite and thats when we knew this was gone become our new hangout. When I tell you that food was so good and the strawberry lemonade was on point. We feel in love. When that girl came back around I asked her for the owner her and CJ laughed at me.

"Whats so funny"

CJ looked at me and said bro she is the owner this her family resturant. When I tell you I was shocked I was like what the fuck you forreal. And she was like yea this my moms resturant and I was like well damn yall got some good food. This my new favorite spot. She smiled and said thanks. This was the first time I actually seen her smile and I aint gone lie it made me feel a type of way but I just brushed it off.