Remembering Sunday

Warnings; SUICIDE ATTEMPT! Drugs, mentions of self-harm, angst, swearing, injuries, 

Word Count; 2.5k

A/N: Reader is Jacob's twin sister and is on trial for murder instead of Jacob.

--

You were tired. So fucking tired. Everything in your life had begun to catch up with you, the bullying, being pulled out of school, the feeling that it was never going to end, and oh, the being accused and tried for murdering one of your classmates. Ben Rifkin was an ass to you, hell, he was an ass to most people, just more to you and your twin brother, Jacob. People saw the asshole-ish behaviour towards you and Jacob as your murder motive. Murder. That's what they called it, what they called you. Your entire family's lives had been flipped on their heads, but your life, it wasn't worth living, not at this point. 

-

Jacob had been trying his hardest to try and get you to talk to him, sure, everyone in the family was affected, but they would talk about it to each other. You were another story, you didn't want to talk to anyone, not even the people trying to help you, you were scared that they would use it against you to try and make everything look bad. Bad? No, even worse than it already was. Everything and everyone around you was falling apart, your mom and dad, specifically. You weren't sure when you last saw your dad sleep and saw your mom have anything to drink other than coffee. You were beginning to think everything would be better if you disappeared, if you stopped. You sat at the table, staring at the plate in front of you.

"I have to go and see your lawyer today, you don't have to come," Andy said. You looked up and nodded, giving him a small, most definitely fake smile. "Your mom should be back about 3, I should be back by then," He continued. 

"Okay, Dad," Jacob said from beside you. "Y/N, I'm pretty sure you can't eat just by looking at the plate," He said. You sighed and looked at your brother, then your dad.

"I'm not hungry," You told them. Andy frowned and let out a breath, two nights ago, he had torn into about an account you had made online, calling you arrogant and stupid, both of which you weren't. He apologized after, of course. But it didn't stop you from thinking that he was right, maybe you were those things and too blind to see it. "I'm going to my room," You stood up and left, running up the stairs and into your room that was directly across from your brother's. Andy sighed and looked across at your older, but only by 23 minutes, counterpart.

"Did she tell you anything?" Andy asked Jacob, who shook his head and looked down sadly.

"No, she just said she was fine and that we're worrying over nothing. But the messages I saw on her phone-" Jacob didn't know he was rambling until it was too late, oh God, you were going to kill him.

"Wait, what messages?" Andy leaned forward on his elbows and Jacob tried to ignore what was going on. "Jacob, what messages on Y/N's phone?" Jacob sighed.

"People from school had been messaging her that she doesn't deserve to live after what she did, that she's not worth all of the trouble," Jacob was hesitant on telling his dad the last of the cruel messages you had been getting sent. "And...that she just kill herself," He said. Andy nodded solemnly.

"Okay. We'll talk about this with your mom later, all of us. Me, you, Y/N and mom, this can't happen to her, not right now, it's not what she needs, not what any of us need. So while we're out, check on her every so often, alright? Make sure she doesn't hurt herself in any way at all," Jacob nodded as Andy stood up and put his jacket on. "I mean it, she can't do anything to herself, don't let her, Jake," Andy shut the door and locked it, making sure that both you and Jacob were secure. Jacob checked the time on his phone, 11:45 am. He would check on you every 30 minutes, he decided. Jacob started on dishes and putting them away, the house was a mess anyway, but a messy house wasn't the biggest priority to the Barber's right now. By the time Jacob was finished, it was 12:10 pm. Jacob walked up the stairs and knocked on your room door, waiting for an answer.