-14- A Party

-14- A Party

POV Yibo

After Yibo learned from his father that Zhan's father had given in and will bring Zhan back home, he could no longer await Zhan's return. Together they thought about how they could bring Zhan and Yibo back together. Because Zhan was still angry with Yibo, or at least disappointed in him, because he still believed that Yibo was only nice to him, because his father forced him to do so.

So they thought about it back and forth together with Zhan's parents, and then Yibo's father said they could organize a party and invite guests. And as always, more staff is needed for such an evening. "Mrs. Xiao, you tell your son that you suggested him as an assistant and your employers have agreed. Then you come here and the two boys will meet. Yibo should then take the opportunity to talk to Zhan."

Since no one had any other ideas, they agreed to this plan. Yibo's father even took care that Zhan could go back to Gusu Lan High School and of course in Yibo's class. Luckily for them, Zhan's place had not yet been reassigned and so it was no problem to enroll Zhan there again.

When Zhan's mother came to work on Thursday morning, she told him that Zhan had come home the night before and she told him about his part-time job. At first, she said that he was not very enthusiastic about helping out for some rich people, because he didn't know yet that his parents worked for Yibo's parents, but then he gave in when his mother promised him that he would get extra pocket money for it.

She also told Yibo that Zhan is doing well so far, but that he is still sad and disappointed. "There's no problem with his heart." She explained when Yibo looked at her worried.

Yibo could hardly wait for Saturday and would have loved to visit Zhan immediately and talk to him. But he had promised to stick to the plan and he did.

He drove downtown on Friday and bought a new outfit for himself. He also stopped in front of a jeweler for quite a while before he decided to go inside and buy two identical rings from the goldsmith. They are not supposed to be engagement rings, but rings as a sign of his love for Zhan. And should Zhan return his feelings, they would both wear the rings, for everyone to see.

Early Saturday morning Yibo went to the hairdresser, let his hair be cut and styled and back home, he walked up and down the house in his new outfit. His parents watched him and were almost as nervous as Yibo was.

Little by little, the cozy house of the Wang's was transformed into a festively decorated house. Yibo's grandparents were the first guests who arrived. And since they also knew about the real reason for the evening, they wished Yibo good luck and promised to keep their fingers crossed for him.

Yibo's brother came next and brought a colleague from work. The beautiful dermatologist Zoey Meng, had already visited the family several times. Unfortunately, so the Wang's felt, her son and Zoey are only friends. They thought that the two would fit well together.

When the celebration opened, Yibo was in his room and would have loved to rush downstairs to see Zhan, but he was patient a little longer. Because punctually at 8:30 PM Zhan will be sent upstairs to him. They will tell him, that he should ask if the young landlord has a wish. And now there are only 20 minutes left until he can finally see Zhan again.

He thought again about what he wants to say to Zhan. He had the words carefully planned, but didn't know if he would be able to say them exactly as he had planned. After all, he not only planned to apologize to him, but also to confess his feelings to him for the first time. For him it was the first time ever that he would confess his feelings to someone. And for that he had even gotten tips from his brother.

Yibo had been very nervous and never in his life had he prayed as much as in the past days or today. He prayed that Zhan would forgive him and give him a chance. That Zhan would accept and return his feelings. And that Zhan would give him a chance to prove how serious he is about him.

At 8:30 pm exactly, there was a knock at the door from Yibo. His heart almost jumped out of his chest in excitement. Yibo went to the door, opened it and looked the amazed looking Zhan in the eyes. And before Zhan could say anything, Yibo pulled him into his room, closed the door and hugged Zhan.

All of a sudden Yibo couldn't make a sound and he was just happy to see Zhan again. To hold him in his arms. "I missed you so much ZhanZhan." He finally whispered after more than two minutes had passed. He looked Zhan straight in his eyes and put his hands on Zhan's cheeks.

Zhan looked at him with eyes wide open and Yibo smiled. "You're so unbelievably cute when you look like that." Said Yibo. He stroked Zhan's cheek with his thumbs and looked at his face. Especially his lips and the little mole under his lower lip.

"Yibo, what..." Zhan began his sentence, but before Zhan could finish it, Yibo's lips met Zhan's lips. Yibo's heart raced as he kissed Zhan for the first time. He just couldn't wait any longer and just wanted to kiss him. And to his surprise, Zhan not only returned the kiss but also put his arms around Yibo.

After they kissed each other for several minutes, Yibo looked Zhan deep into his eyes and said, "The reason I wanted to be friends with you wasn't because my father forced me to. You were never just a schoolmate or friend to me either. Because to be honest, I wanted to be close to you. Because, ZhanZhan, I love you."

Yibo felt happy and relieved when he could finally confess his feelings to Zhan. Zhan looked at him and had tears in his eyes. And at that moment Yibo thought that Zhan would now reject him.

But then Zhan smiled and said, "And you had never been just a schoolmate or friend to me. Because I love you too."

When Yibo realized what Zhan had just told him, he kissed Zhan and held him very tight. Both had tears in their eyes, but this time not because they were sad. Instead, they had tears of happiness and joy in their eyes.

"ZhanZhan, would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" Asked Yibo with a beating heart.

"Mn. Gladly." Zhan replied smiling.

They held each other for a while and kissed, before Yibo took Zhan by the hand and said, "Come, let's announce it." Zhan stopped as if he was rooted to the spot and looked at Yibo in horror. Then Yibo explained to him that everyone already knew about it and they worked together to make Zhan's father give in and bring him back home. "Zhan, your family is no longer against us. They accept us as a couple and my family never had a problem with that. They are dying to finally meet you."

Zhan nodded nervously and Yibo led him by the hand, out of his room and to his parents. He smiled and said, "I want to introduce you to Xiao Zhan, my boyfriend." Yibo's parents smiled and hugged Yibo and Zhan, they both congratulated them. And then it was time for Zhan to officially introduce Yibo to his parents as his boyfriend.

"Mom, Dad, this is Wang Yibo, my boyfriend." He said very nervously. But his parents took away his nervousness by taking their son in their arms and wishing him a peaceful and happy relationship.

Yibo then took Zhan back upstairs to his room and showed him the rings. "They are partnership rings and are meant to be a symbol of our love and that you and I belong together." Yibo explained that when he put one of the rings on Zhan's finger. "I love you ZhanZhan." He said that when Zhan put the other ring on Yibo's finger.

"And I love you, Yibo." Zhan returned and embraced Yibo.

Yibo finally had his Zhan back and looked positively into their future together and he hoped that no one would ever stand in their way again.