Chapter 10 - Change

The sun was smiling. The grass was dancing. The clouds were singing.

"Hey little mochi! How ya doing today!" I can see my grandfather running towards me with a toothy smile, arms wide open ready to swallow me up in a bear hug. With his strong arms around me, I curl up into a ball listening to the laughter rumbling from the bottom of his chest. His scent, linen cotton with a hint of sweat, captures my nose as I soak in this memory. I try to grab onto his face with my short stubby fingers, pulling his cheeks as he makes silly expressions.

"Didi! I missed you! Wanna see what I learned in training today?? Wanna! Wanna?!"

"Sure! Give me your best shot!" Quickly, not even a second later, you close your eyes and breathe slowly. The grass continues to dance as your heart beats to the rhythm of their steps. The earth trembles as flowers erupt from the ground and begin to float around in the air. Petals wisp around you as the wind shyly blows through your soft hair. You were like a fairy in the eyes of those around you.

Dreamlike.
Ethereal.
Amiable.
Delicate.
Lovely.
Youthful.

"Wow! Great job kiddo! You'll become an amazing hero someday!" Before you knew it, you were piggy-back riding on his back as he walks you home after a long day. Pressing your cheek in the space between his sturdy shoulder blades, your eyes begin to flutter as you listen to a soft sweet humming. I miss you Grandpa.

"Hey kid wake up!" Excuseee me?

"I SAID WAKE UP!" Grandpa? 5 more minutes, we're not home yet . . .

"(Y/N), IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP I'LL BECOME THE TICKLE MONSTER!"

Immediately opening your eyes, you come face to face with a very annoyed (and very wild-haired) sleepyman looking down at you with a mischievous grin

Immediately opening your eyes, you come face to face with a very annoyed (and very wild-haired) sleepyman looking down at you with a mischievous grin. Trying to figure out what was happening, you notice how the man in front of you just finished drying his hair. His hair looks insane!!! You blink twice before realizing the position you were in.

The Return of the Tickle Monster has made its special debut again after 8 long years!!

Oh boy.

"PREPARE YOURSELF!"

"Aiza—WAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!" Falling into the trap of the tickle monster, you are laughing hysterically as Shota grins at your sweet giggle. After a few seconds, he stops as you try to catch your breath. Waking up to seeing you smile was a sight that Aizawa wouldn't exchange for the world. In many ways, you were his world.

"Alright mochi! What do you want for breakfast?"

". . . did you just call me mochi?"

"Yeah, why?"