Chapter 12 - Inner Strength

Early the next morning the two of you were off. It didn't take too long to realize why Mirko prefers to work alone, but it still confused you as to why she took you on. She absolutely could've refused. But soon you learned the truth.

"Hey Mirko, is it true that you don't work under a Hero Agency?" Imploring with curiosity, she chuckles at your googly eyes.

"That's right kiddo, I typically just jump around all of Japan instead of staying at one spot. It gets boring when I don't get to kick butts all the time!!" Whoa.

"JUMP?! ALL OF JAPAN? So it's true that you don't work with others—!?"

"Only weaklings join teams." With a bold grin and a brazen aura radiating from her body, it's no wonder she's the No. 6 Pro Hero.

"But then... why did you choose me?" That grin grows wider as you watch her stop before you.

"Because you aren't a weakling. Pretty simple!"

"Huh... so I'm here to help you—?"

"HAHAHA! NO THANKS!" As she bursts out laughing, you rub your ears quickly to make sure you heard her right.

"No . . . ?"

"THANKS! Listen here cupcake, I took you in because a good friend asked me to. Rule Number 1: You never abandon your friends. Don't think of it as help, because girlfriend you are no weakling! I'm not going to hold your hand like a baby and tell you how to become stronger. You will get stronger in your own way! Follow me, watch me, and go from there! Got it?" I really like her style...she doesn't belittle me.

"YES!"

~

"I'M AM THE MELON LORD! FIGHT ME YOU LITTLE BUNNY HONEY!" The villain in front of you was cute looking, but in reality it was rotting. Ripened on the outside, but moldy on the inside. Even the police were terrified of this monster. With a quirk to rot life forms, they sucked the life out of you like fruit becoming spoiled. Your initial thought was not to touch the villain in any means possible, but always expect the unexpected.

The sun releases rays of shimmering light upon you as you closely observe Rumi in action. Wind slaps you across the face as you quickly turn your head to catch every flashing movement she makes. She's fast. You think to yourself as she Luna Arc's a flying kick into the villain's chest.

Readers, you might think this Rabbit Hero was only fighting thugs on the street. But oh dear, you are completely wrong.

"Alright kid, Rule Number 2: Don't ever doubt yourself! Because once you let your fears control you, you've already accepted defeat! The only person who can doubt you... IS NO ONE!" Shouting this as the villain tumbles into the ground after her earth-shattering kick, they get up again licking their inhuman bruises.