Spaghetti and Puns

You were stunned into silence. The fire in his eyes, his claws on your chin... He was not playing around.

Not that he ever really did anyway.

He waited for your response, the humming loud in your ears. It seemed nothing else existed outside of yourself, him, and the fire. You stammered, trying to regain your senses and your stability.

"I-I uhm... I... Yes. I understand."

Bit of a possessive asshole isn't he... Ah well, you knew what you were getting into before you accepted his deal.

At least, that's what you told yourself so you could believe you had at least some control. Some sort of upperhand.

Ha, "upperhand". Lost the upperhand when I shook his hand.

He poofed away and back into his seat, smiling widely.

"Wonderful my dear! So glad to be on the same page once more. How is the spaghetti darling? I picked it special! All of the others were, how should I say, not of your tastes." His smile was deathly wide and sharp, and you knew he didn't give a flying fuck if you liked the food or not.

At least you knew he hadn't drugged you... Yet.

You quickly looked down at the half eaten meal and back up to him, giving a sheepish smile.

"Uh, yeah it's... It's good. Reminds me of my family's recipe back ho-... Uh, back when I was alive."

Damn, you were still getting the hang of the whole being dead thing. As well, you were still trying to figure out how in the hell you ended up in... Well, Hell!

As far as you could remember, you weren't the one sinning in your life. Unless they counted involuntary involvement, though you weren't exactly the invoker of sin in those times.

Alastor's laugh shook you out of thought with a start, and you turned up to see him staring at you, resting his chin on his hands.

"You know [Y/N], you're quite entertaining, you know that?"

You paused. What was he getting at? You smelled something fishy, and it wasn't the girls in the backroom. Well, not just them.

"Why do you say that Alastor?"

His smile flattened some, softened almost.

"You attempt to overcome my control, and power, and while you always fail, you still make fruitful attempts to, as they say, one up me. It's very entertaining, and watching you grow into yourself and do things you cannot even comprehend... Well, your naivety is very enjoyable to watch and experience."

You just stared at him. You weren't sure if he had just complemented or insulted you, but you were still very... Suspicious.

"Uh... Thank you? I think..."

He laughed again, standing some and walking to you for once, bending down to your height on the seat. It made you feel very small. Even smaller than he usually did. He just... Stared down at you, smiling.

You felt the urge to shrink down, cower almost. It was uncomfortable having his eyes so entirely on you. That thick, sharp toothed smile.

But you resisted that urge. You felt that he had some sort of mind altering power, and wondered if that had anything to do with him "owning" you.

You sat up tall and stared right back into his eyes, getting close into his face. You were shocked to see him slightly jerk in surprise. And then he was gone, standing next to his seat of the booth.