Going Home (Part 1)

Chapter 24: Going Home (Part 1)

(Warning: Violence, and knife cuts)

The squidbeak noticed some differences as they looked at the Luminous 7. The crack Vintage had made on Amaryllis' shell was now covered by a metal ring. However, it was around the whole shell, so it was either a light, weak metal, or Amaryllis was going to have trouble staying upright while fighting. Hessomight's entire head was covered in a metal helmet of sorts, and it looked like he'd come back from the dead. He didn't really look too much different, and if Vintage had to guess, the tech shark had done that.

Flavo's chopped off tentacle was replaced with a mechanical one, and he was wearing clothes similar to his previous ones, almost as if he had a spare set. The tentacle didn't look like it contained a secret weapon, but the group had to be prepared. Celadon's wings and tail had also been fixed with metal, with Celadon's wings now encased in a plane shape with jets on the side, and his tail being covered in a metal cast of sorts. Mareiah had a different suit like Flavo, but now she was in a mech suit with her swarm of tiny fish robots around her. Both of Lobelia's fists were in giant metal gauntlets, and her back had been lined with what looked like a metal spine.

Hex was the only one who wasn't wearing a mechanical enhancement, and the squidbeak figured that Mareiah had made all those mechanical things for the other luminous as they'd been defeated. She didn't have time to make one for Hex, which was good because he was weakened severely. All they needed to do was finish him off. The squidbeak approached the Luminous 7 with a serious glare on their faces.

"Your hexxing power has no effect on us here. You can try as many times as you want, but we'll snap out of it every time," Rider growled.

"Save the speech, I want to kill these bastards already," Vintage groaned.

Rider merely shrugged and shut up. He didn't really have more to say anyway.

"Alright then! Let's settle this, once and for all!" Gloves shouted.

The rest of the squidbeak except for Vintage, Skull, and Rider, cheered behind him.

"YEAH!"

And the battle begun. Rider went straight for Hex, seeing as how he'd resisted Hex's powers before. Vintage went for Amaryllis and the rest of the squidbeak soon followed by going after their respective luminous. Vintage also did Nana a favor and shot away all of Mareiah's robots. Those things hadn't changed since he last saw them, and they were just as weak as always. Jeez, for someone who worked on technology, they sure didn't know how to improve their robots.

Maybe she'd been working so hard on those stupid enhancements for the team that she'd actually forgotten to improve her own work. Ah well, made things all the easier. Gloves found himself running around to Hessomight's back once more. The thing that hadn't changed was the fact that Hessomight still lacked a neck. Since most of the fangs had already been broken and not enhanced by the helmet, Gloves figured he could get in a good stab at the side or so.

Hachi had gone after Flavo, and he'd brought the knife with him. He figured he'd need to cut off that new mechanical tentacle, because who knew what was in that thing. Flavo had brought an extra blade with him, but Hachi still used his blaster. The two clashed, metal on metal. They were almost equally matched.

Skull was aiming at Celadon as best he could. He figured he could still snipe down those metal wings if he shot them enough. Celadon kept darting around, but sometimes Vintage would throw in some toxic mist from the side to slow Celadon down. Skull figured Celadon might be a problem for the others, so he kept him at bay by continuing to shoot at him. He also set ink mines around the field, in case a different luminous were to step on them.