Encounter

Chapter 8: Encounter

Vintage led the small group throughout the vast city: Hachi, Gloves, Skull and himself. They blended in with all the civilians dressed in their colourful clothes, so nobody thought of them as suspicious. They'd just healed up from their big fight the night before, and they were on the hunt for a Luminous 7 member. Any of them, as long as they were alone. They knew they'd assigned themselves each to a luminous, but Vintage was ready to shoot down any luminous that got in their way.

"So... What do we do? There's a lot of people in this city, and it'll be super difficult to find any of the Luminous 7 again without a lead or something...." Gloves sighed.

Vintage thought for a minute.

How are we gonna do this? We don't stand out, so we can't get them to notice us more easily...

He looked around. No familiar faces... but he decided to walk up to a civilian. A clownfish.

"Pardon me sir, have you seen any brightly colored creatures around here? Like a nautilus or a fangooth by any chance?" Vintage asked, though his tone of voice sounded...strained.

"Uhh... lemme see... I saw a nautilus walk into the library just down the road. Dunno where she went from there though..." he responded.

Vintage nodded, "Okay."

He grabbed the others and ran towards the library.

"Wow, Vintage, I didn' know that you could be polite like that," Gloves said.

"Don't get used to it," Vintage retorted. "I could've smashed his head in then and there."

~

"So, you think she might be in there? Amaryllis? But...we shouldn't start a fight in the middle of the library, we'd have to lead her out first and then we fight her," Skull said.

Vintage shook his head. "First of all, we can't guarantee she's in there. Second of all, you're not fighting her. I am. Alone. Remember what we said?"

The others seemed hesitant.

"Do you doubt me?" Vintage asked aggressively.

Skull sighed. "I believe you, it's just-"

"I can do this, you know that."

"I know, but-"

"Just let me get this done with, okay?!" Vintage exclaimed.

"Alright, alright..."

Skull backed off from Vintage and said nothing more. The four of them walked into the library, which also had the futuristic, colourful, and modern aesthetic that the outside did. Vintage went to the reception while the other three went looking around for Amaryllis.

"Excuse me sir, we're looking for someone. By any chance did a red and black nautilus girl check out a book here?" Vintage asked.

The librarian squinted, then looked at his computer. He scrolled down through a list of books checked out and by who.

"Yes, actually. We never got her name for some reason, but a nautilus did come by and check out a book named A.N Dandelion's book of voyages."

"What's the book about?" Vintage asked a bit crudely.

The librarian flinched.

"A.N Dandelion was an explorer who travelled the seas and brought back many treasures, some of which we have here in Nexus Laser," he reluctantly responded.