Chapter 43

Previously

"Harry, I'm sure she's fine." My mom said rubbing my arm. I didn't say anything just shook my head. I can't process any words. This is all too much. This is the second accident she's been in since we've been together. And now this time, her parents are dead. How is she going to handle that?

We Finally land and Once we got our bags, we walked out of the Airport and called a taxi. I texted Niall to let him know we were on our way to the hospital. We are only about 30 minutes from there and I'm grateful when we get there fast. Me and my mum run into the hospital and go to the front desk.

"Shaiden Jones please. I'm her boyfriend and this is my mum."

"Yes Mr. Styles. This way please " she took us to her room and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. She's just laying there looking lifeless even though I know she's not dead. I walk over to her and take her hand. My mum is crying silently and Niall hasn't said anything. I just stand there looking at her.

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I've been standing here, holding Shaiden's hands for the past 45 minutes before the doctor came in and spoke to is.

"So we've been looking, and we weren't able to find and family in her emergency contacts. Do you know anyone in her family we could call?"

"I know that her grandmother and her grandfather on her dad's side passed a few years ago. I'm not exactly sure about her mums parents but I do know that her mum has a sister. I can look through her phone for her number "

"That would be great"

"If she doesn't wake you soon, how will we decide what happens to her parents?"

"As on right now, her parents are in the funeral home. If you can get a hold of her aunt, she will make the decisions. All of her parents belongings belong to Shaiden seeing that she's an only child. But if she does wake you soon, she will have a say in what happens to her parents as in if they get buried or cremated."

"Oh okay. I'll look for her aunts number in her phone and call her." The doctor didn't say anything just gave me a sympathetic smile and walked out.

While we have been here, my mum has barely said anything and Niall fell asleep. I go through Shaiden's purse to find her phone. I pull it out and smile at the lock screen. It's a picture of us kissing. I put in the pass code which is the day we started dating and start to scroll through her contacts. As I reach the end of the A's, I see "Aunt Jamie". I click on the contact then hit the call button. It rings a few times before there is an answer.

"Shaiden!" A lady said through the phone.

"This isn't Shaiden. Is this her aunt?"

"Um Yes? Who is this?"

"I'm her boyfriend Harry. I have some bad news."

"What? Is she- is she okay?"

"She was on a plane back from Australia with her parents and the plane crashed." Jamie let out a huge gasp. "Shaiden is in a coma and her parents died. The doctors have been trying to contact a family member but her dad's parents died and I wasn't sure about her mums parents but she has mentioned you before, so I used her phone to call you."

"Oh my God. Where are you at?"

"Bay medical center in Panama Florida."

"She lives in Miami. Why would she be there?"

"This is the closest hospital to the airport."

"I'll be there but It'll be a few hours." She said. There was so much panic in her voice.

"Okay I'll see you then." I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket.

I walk over to my lifeless girlfriend and start rubbing her arm.

"Baby, if you can hear me, I need you to wake up. I can't lose you. I don't want to lose you. I love you so much. Please baby. Please wake up soon." A tear rolled down my cheek and landed on her arm. I bent down and kissed her gently on her forehead.

"Harry?" Niall called my name.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we should call Stephanie?"

"Yeah but I can't explain the story again. Can you or my mum do it?"

"I'll do it."

"Thanks. Use Shaiden's phone." I put in the pass code and handed him the phone. He walks out of the room and shuts the door.

I sit in the chair where he was sitting.

"Are you okay Harry?" My mum asked quietly.

"No mum I'm not. My girlfriend is in a coma and her parents are dead and I have to be the one to tell her." I replied trying not to sound rude. "I just don't understand Why this had to happen." At this point, the tears were rolling down uncontrollably.

"Me either Harry. Me either "

Niall walked back in the room shortly after my mum finished talking.

"Stephanie was really upset. Crying and everything. She said she will try to be here as soon as possible."

"Okay" was all I could say.

"Hey man. I'm going to go. Call me if you need anything."

"Alright. Thanks for waiting with her."

"Of course. Sorry this happened.

"Me too."