Chapter 53

SHAIDEN'S P.O.V.

        All this week, Harry and I have barely spoke due to the fact that he has been working and I have been at school. Since Harry has been at work getting home at 9 or 10 at night, I've been hanging out with Liam and Perrie almost every day.

        It's not Saturday night and Harry said he was supposed to be off, but got called in to go in work about three this afternoon. I'm actually really upset about that because of the fact that we have only seen each other like twice this week and had like 2 conversations.

        Since I have nothing better to do, I call Liam, Zayn and Perrie to see if they wanted to hang out. They said they would meet me at the movies around 8 tonight. It's only 2 in the afternoon and Harry is getting ready to leave. I didn't tell him that I was going out tonight because he has been really distant from me ever since he got this job. Sometimes, I wonder if he actually is working or if he is hiding something from me.

        I am in the kitchen making some mashed potatoes for me to eat before I go out tonight.

        "Hey Shaiden. Sorry I have to work tonight." Harry said putting his wallet in his back pocket.

        "It's fine. You have a job I get it." I replied not turning around to look at him.

        "Baby don't be mad at me. I promise, I will get the day off tomorrow and we will do whatever you want."

        "Okay. Have a good day at work." he huffed before saying anything else.

        "Alright. I love you."

        "You too." he walked out of the kitchen and out of the house making sure he slamed the door.

        As soon as I finished the potatoes, my phone rang. I looked at it and it showed Liam's number.

        "Hey Liam what's up?"

        "I just wanted to let you know that Zayn and Perrie can't come tonight. Perrie's mum is coming to town and she want's to meet Zayn."

        "Oh okay. That's fine so it's just me and you."

        "Sound's good. I'll come pick you up about 7?"

        "Yeah that's fine." we exchanged goodbyes and hung up the phone. I still had a lot of time to kill before I needed to start getting ready, so I thought I'd call Stephanie. The phone rang a few times before she finally answered.

        "Hey Shaiden! It's been a while since we've talked. How are you doing?"

        "I'm good. I started school this past Monday, made friends with a few people and Harry got a job."

        "Oh really? Doing what?"

        "He got a job at a tattoo parlor. Apparently he's been wanting to do that for a while"

        "Oh okay."

        "yeah but he has been really distant lately. Like we've barely seen each other since he got the job."

        "Is he hiding something?"

        "I'm not sure. But it really is bugging me." For a few hours, we just talked and got caught up. I have completely lost track of time because it is now 6:30. As I am getting ready, Liam knocks on the door and since I am in the middle of getting dressed, I text him and tell him to come on in and wait in the living room.

        "Sorry for takning so long. I called my best friend and lost track of time."

        "No it's fine."

        "Okay, well are you ready to go?" he nodded and we walked out of the house.

        "Why aren't you hanging out with Harry tonight?"

        "He got called into work." We got into his car and started driving.

        We make it to the theatre and chose to watch 'Lets be Cops' and that movie was super hilarious. On our way back to my house, we stopped to eat dinner because we were both hungry.

        "Shaide, I have to tell you something."

        "Yeah?"

        "I like you. Like, i really like you and I know it's only been a week that we've known each other and been hanging out, but I want to be more than just your friend."