Chapter 18 - Loss yourself

Sarah's P.O.V.

Harry had called everyone down into the Speed Lab. Once we were all there, Harry holds up a silver device, which looked like a fork.

That's the big news?" Cisco questioned. " You're taking a sculpture class at the community college?"

It's not art. It's science! And as such... it is the thing that is gonna help us defeat..." Harry than pulled off a sheet reveal a dummy version of DeVoe. "... DeVoe. Recall, if you will, the one thing that we've seen... nay, heard.... that an actually harm DeVoe."

Izzy Bowin's soundwave powers." I announced.

Well, Izzy was killed by DeVoe, so whatever powers she had is in his hands now." Joe says

And now, Joe... they're in ours. Watch this." Harry told us before he was about to use it but he turned to us. " Actually, maybe you should.. take a couple steps back if you value your internal organs."

We all stepped back as we all watched Harry tapped the device on the ground, creating soundwaves as Harry pointed at the dummy, which went up the ramp.

I know how that feels." Barry commented.

One strike incapacitates The Thinker. Two strikes, no more Thinker. I call it a Sonic Sceptre."

Cisco scoffed before walking towards Harry. Okay. Points for alliteration."

Basically just a big tuning fork." I told Harry.

Harry turned to me. " My goodness."

Cisco held the sceptre. " Well, like, I mean, it's not just any tuning fork. This might be the most powerful tuning fork in the multiverse. You must've laser-shaved this thing down to the nanometer."

Shaved it right down to the last angstrom, as a matter of fact. Child's play for me and my Thinking Cap. The Sonic Sceptre mimics Izzy Bowin's sonic frequencies, so we can penetrate a heretofore impenetrable force field of DeVoe." Harry explained to us. And here's the best part. Because there's no tech involved..."

It's Kilgore proof." Barry interrupts Harry.

Yes." Harry says

So, now we just need to figure out where DeVoe is gonna appear next." Iris says

As a matter of fact, before you got here I scripted a subroutine on the pocket dimension predictor, and it's gonna give us a massive head start on DeVoe's next location, thank you." Harry explained to us

I furrowed my brows. " Yesterday, I thought you said that wasn't possible."

Harry grabbed his cap and turned to me. " That's right, Snow-Allen, I did say that yesterday, but today is a new day. " Harry puts on his cap and turned it on. " I've got a million new ideas. The cap and I, we're firing on all cylinders. Onward and upward."

I watched as Harry leaves the Speed Lab with the cap on.

I sighed. " Okay, let's get to it. Cisco, can you integrate Harry's algorithm into the predictor?"

Cisco smirks. " Can do."

I smiled towards him before I walked out of the Speed Lab with the others.

I walked into the med bay, where I saw my sister on the computer.

What are you working on?" I asked her

My brain, or brains." Caitlin answered. " I think I finally figured out the science behind what activates Killer Frost. So, in fight or flight, the adrenal glands flood the body with catecholamine's, AKA the stress hormone, and guess where the highest concentration of dark matter is in my body?"