"A Husband" [JiNayeon]

-

Nayeon was on her day off so she decided to go out for a walk. She's a fan of toys, although she's in her 20's now, she can't leave the fact that toys are her happiness.

Ever since she was little, her parents would often buy her toys whenever she's sad or maybe on some random days. Now she's living on her own, she had collections of limited edition toys in her room.

"Oh. Nayeon-ssi, here to buy something again?" The lady greeted her.

She was already close to the lady/the cashier of the shop, since she always go there weekly.

"Yeah. Is this new?" She asked while looking at the rainbow colored teddy bear.

"Actually, we're not supposed to sell that but a guy who owned that begged us to sell it. It seemed new and expensive so I displayed it"

Nayeon just nodded her head as she examines the Teddy bear. Afterwards, she bought it and held it in her arms as she got away.

She sat down on a bench and sips her drink that she bought on her way to the mall. Peacefully, she was listening to a music, when a little boy suddenly hugged her teddy that she bought earlier. "Mom. I miss you" he mumbled.

"Yah. Kiddo, let go of my toy" she pleased him but he didn't listen and started to cry all of a sudden.

'So now he's crying. Great, I look bad now' Nayeon puffed her cheeks and tried to make the little one laugh.

But the boy's attention was only to the Teddy bear up until a guy approached them.

"Soojin-ah, give her the Teddy bear and let's go" he calmly said to the boy.

"Ah. Jin? What are you doing here? It's been a while" Nayeon said while fixing herself.

After years, she finally saw him again, her first love. She once confessed her feelings to him but it didn't ended the way it was.

"Nayeon-ssi? H-hi" Jin waved his hands "I'm glad you're the one who found Soojin"

"Yeah. Is he your cousin? Im sure you're too young to be his dad, right?" Nayeon noticed her guess was wrong when Jin shook his head.

"No. I'm...his dad"  Jin pressed his lip together expecting for her surprised reaction.

"Oh. I didn't mean to—"

"It's fine. Others also mistaken me for that"

"So...who's the mother?" She asked all of sudden.

Nayeon was sitting with Jin beside her, carrying Soojin on his lap, while she was still hugging the stuffed toy.

"Uh...his mom and I separated already,  that's why Soojin cried when he saw that toy. It was a gift from his mom"

Nayeon thought that it was the right time to forget him but when she saw him again everything went back as if they were highschool again. Jin thought for a while and in the end he decided to pull out a picture from his pocket. "Actually..."

Nayeon was shocked at the photo she just saw.

[Soojin's mom, Im Nami]

[Im Nayeon, the one Jin met just now]

Jin chuckled and say, "She's Nami, Soojin's mom" he wiped the few amount of tears coming from his eyes before continuing "We were too young when he was born that's why things went fast and we ended up like this"

Nayeon slowly nod her head as she understands his situation. It's heartbreaking to see her bright first love is now frowning in front of her. Soojin suddenly looked at Nayeon and whispered "Dad, why is mom here?" Nayeon overheard it and got flustered for a moment.

"Soojin-ah, she's not your mom. She's Nayeon, my friend" Jin told the little one, then he looked up to Nayeon and apologized. But Soojin was greedy to have a mom. "Then why don't you just marry her so she could be my mom" he said innocently. Jin was thinking of leaving the place so Soojin won't embarrass him anymore. Nayeon suddenly acted cute towards Soojin which made Jin laugh at what she did.

"Do you want me to be your mom?" Nayeon asked and the boy nodded. She stood up and held Soojin's hand "But first, I'll buy you a toy better than this one". They both walked around the mall, Nayeon was holding the stuffed toy on her left hand while the other one was holding Soojin's hand. Jin was just following them the whole time, he chuckled at how cute the two were. Until Soojin went back to him and held his hands as well, they were like a happy family while walking.

---

The day ends with Soojin sleeping on Jin's back, he carried him all the way to his car. Jin insisted to take Nayeon home. She sat on the front seat and they talked about random stuff, starting from how they were after highschool until what happened to them yesterday.

While talking to each other, Jin realized "Why didn't i loved you before?"  He was staring at how beautiful Nayeon was that he forgot to get his eyes on the road. "Jin, look out!" She yelled. Good thing, there weren't many cars that time so they got out of having accidents.

"Sorry. I was just thinking about something" he apologized, Nayeon checked if Soojin was fine at the back seat before accepting his apology. Soon she started to laugh and said
"I can't believe you married someone who also looked like me"

Jin's face soon became absurd after hearing her, he explained "Well, it was because she had a different personality than yours". Nayeon pouted but ridiculously smiled afterwards.

They first arrived at Nayeon's place and they bid goodbyes to each other. Nayeon was about to leave the car when Jin held her hand "Wait. Shall we meet again next time?" He asked and Nayeon smiled.

She cupped his cheeks and kissed him on the lips, the kiss she's been wanting to have for a long time.
"I guess it's a Yes" Jin mumbled and they both smiled.

"Dad. I saw that"

Oops.

~Miss Unnie~