"Life in my Book" pt. 2

-

"I thought you'd never come back" Jimin hugged her tightly but then he was pushed back by the girl. He swear it was Mina whom he was hugging but then her face suddenly changed.

"Sorry but what was that for?" The girl said in frustration.

"I'm sorry. I just thought you were someone I knew" Jimin apologised while looking down.

Luckily, the event was finished without any issues after what Jimin did. The girl accepted his apology and they end in good terms.

"I can't believe I've saw you hugging a girl after years" Jin teased him as they drunk a bottle of beer.

Jimin has already been drinking a lot that's why he's almost out of control.
"What? Oh yeah. You probably didn't knew that I hugged Mina huh?" Jimin chuckled and Jin was confused.

"Mina? Who? You mean your fictional character?" Jin asked once again and the latter nodded while laughing weirdly.

Jin doesn't know what type of moment Jimin was referring to since Mina isn't even real for him to see closely. The older just shrugged his shoulders off as he thought Jimin is just drunk to say something stupid like that.

--

Jimin once again woke up and he's back, he's back at the book.

"Aish!" He groaned as he massage the temple of his nose. He peeked at the door and tried to look if someone's there to see him. Jimin doesn't want Mina to see him again or else she'll be the reason for him not to come back.

The more he sees her face, the more he's tempted to stay.

"Minjae— ahh Jimin-ssi?" He turned around and saw Mina's mom.

"Mrs. Myoui, I'm sorry but I have to leave now. Please don't tell Mina" he begged but then Mrs. Myoui Sachiko, started to come near and slapped him.

"How can I even do that when she's now gone?" Sachiko yelled at him, his face started to become red because of how hard the slap is.

"She said she'll find you but it was reported she was in an accident few days later. And you, why are you here?"

"I'm... I'm here to say goodbye and to say sorry" Jimin kneeled down as he tries to apologize for how many times.

Mrs. Myoui wiped her tears and hugged him tightly. "That's enough. I've already heard what I've needed to hear. Now go back" she said while giving him the book.

"How did you know?"

"Days after I found out that Mina died, I saw this book under the bed where you always sleep. But I beg you, don't ever come back here and live your life without her" she smiled and brushes his hair off.

Once again, Jimin got back to sleep and there he saw on his hands that he was holding the book.

"Ahh! I've rested enough but I still feel tired" Jimin saw Jin passing by him with a towel on his head.

"Yah. Why are you still here?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Uhh. Because I'm your best friend who always comes here whenever I had nightmares?"

"What the?"

"Why? Don't act like your different from me. You said last time that you'll throw away that original copy 'cause your having nightmares while holding that" Jin blurted and walked towards the bathroom.

'But I beg you, don't ever come back here and live your life without her'

Jimin realized it and quickly hopped towards the backyard of his house. He picked up a lighter and puts fire on the book before throwing it in the trash can.

"I guess this is the last time, Myoui Mina" he said weakly as he walks away from it.

...

...

...

...

...

"Dad, that's was the worst ending  of a fairytale that I've heard" his son, Minjung, complained.

"It's not a fairytale. It's a love story" Jimin smiled as he pinched the nose of his son.

Minjung scratched his head as he was confused on what his father meants.
Soon, his Mom entered with loaded bags of groceries on her hands.

"I'm home!"

"Mom! Did you bought my favorite?" Minjung asked while smiling, he laid his head on the table as she places the fruits on the table.

"Where's your Dad?"

"On his office. He told me the worst fairytale earlier"

She just chuckled and went to Jimin's office, knocked before coming in. She saw Jimin staring blankly outside while the book was behind him.

"I told you. Even our son hates it as much as I do" she said and went in for a back hug.

"Sharon. What if I told you I still miss her?"

"Who? Mina? I don't want to believe you but the way you told me how you met her seems like she's real"

Jimin faced his wife and asked again,
"What if I say that I still miss her?"

Sharon releases from the hug and answered, "Go on. I don't care because from what I see, you miss her as your idol who retired and nowhere to be found. In the end, I'm still your wife who you see everyday"

Jimin planted a kiss on her forehead, Sharon leaves the room while Jimin puts back the book on his cabinet. Sharon was a big fan of him but the story she mostly hated was 'Friends by the Forest'. Not because she's jealous after knowing that Mina was Jimin's unforgettable love, it's how Jimin ended the story like that without Minjae and Mina seeing each other.

The 3 is now on a weekend and prepared all their stuff in he car as they'll go on a trip after the busy weekdays.

"Let's go!" Minjung cheered happily as the couple laughs at him.

From a far...
someone is eyeing on them...

"It's been years, Minjae-ssi, or shall I say Jimin? I just got out of your book but I'm glad you're happy now after all these years of finding you" she whispered while watching them from behind the huge tree.

The end.

For those who got confused:

After Mina left her home, she misteriously  got out of the book and nowhere to be found that is why her mom thought she died. Then that's the time she found(the one where she's hiding behind the tree) the real Jimin but sadly he already had a family.

~ Miss Unnie ~