Ch 23 🌸

Before I knew what was happening Parker's lips were on mine and I didn't care one bit

Before I knew what was happening Parker's lips were on mine and I didn't care one bit. I threw caution to the wind and kissed him back and it wasn't long until his tongue was in my mouth and my arms were wrapped around his neck pulling him closer to me.

We break the kiss and just gaze into each other's eyes before I pull him back in for another kiss when the doorbell rings.

Parker laughs against my lips. "Fuck Wes has horrible timing."

I can't help but laugh. "Oh yeah for sure." Wiping my lips I run to the bathroom to see how swelled my lips are before joining the guys in the kitchen.

"Hey, Wes!" I smile.

"Hey, Raylee! I guess I'm ready to tackle this pool." He said looking at the both of us and I feel guilt coming off my face.

"We will come outside with you and watch what you're doing," Parker said.

We all three walk outside and I go over to the swing. Momma loved to swing every evening after work. I stop paying attention to the guys and drift off into a daydream about that kiss.

I had been wondering what it would be like to kiss Parker but I didn't know that it would be that great. I've kissed a few guys in my short dating experience but nothing like what just happened.

"Penny for your thoughts." Parker smiled at me.

"Oh hey! Sorry umm just thinking." I said.

"About?" He smirked.

"That kiss and how my mom loved swinging out here. She would swing for hours while I swam." I smiled.

He leans over and whispers. "Your lips are so swelled there is no denying what we did." He laughs.

"Parker!" I laughed and blushed.

"If y'all wanna go on inside and fuck one out I'm good." Wes laughed.

"Omg," I said covering my face.

"Wes man really?" Parker said pissed.

"Ok so it's not what it looks like but give it a few weeks,"  Wes said.

"That's between us if and when that happens. Just look at the pool and shut it." Parker said.

"Alright well first off we need to order a new liner for the pool and then we can work on the rest. I can get a deal on a liner for about 5k is that ok?" He asked.

"That's fine Wes how do we do it? I have the cash." I said.

"It's better if you write me a check and I can get it ordered and we need chemicals and a new filter all that." He said.

"Well give me a total amount and I'll write you a check out," I said.

"Let me look some of it up. Give me a few mins." He said.

Parker looks over at me and smiles. I smile back at him then look back to Wes.

"I'm going to say with everything that will be 5,300," Wes said.

"Do I write it out to you?" I ask.

"No, you write it to Pool solutions. I will order it all from the company I work for. They don't trust us with cash." He laughs.

"Alright, I'll be right back." I get up go in the house and upstairs to my purse and write the check. Walk back downstairs and Wes and Parker are standing in the living room with officer Mick.

"Here you go Wes thank you for everything! Hi officer Mick." I said.

"No problem Raylee! I'll let Parker know when it's all ready and I'll come install it." Wes said taking the check and leaving.

"I'm going to show Mick the camera of Clarissa," Parker said.

"Ok, I'm going to check on Maxine," I said taking my phone out of my pocket.

📱Hey Maxine! Everything going ok at the store? Do you need me to come in?

📱Things are good! That Clarissa came in looking for you but I told her you left and went back to California.

📱I can't believe these people! Officer Mick is here now I'm going to let him know. Text if you need me.

📱Thanks, I will. Nadine is with me today helping. Enjoy your day with Parker. 😘

I walk into the den where they are watching the camera. "She went to the flower shop but Maxine told her I went back to California," I said to them.

"Shit they really think you or your mom owed them money," Mick said.

"And neither of us owe them anything. He left my mom when I was a kid and knocked up two more women. Does he think he deserves money for that?" I ask.

"They don't deserve shit from you Raylee and least of all your time," Parker said.

"I will put this stuff on file just in case they come back. Nothing we can do until they do something. Alright kids I'm out of here call if you need me." Mick said.

"Thanks for all of your help Mick," I said as he left. I locked the door and set the alarm.

"Are you ready to do some scavenger hunt from your mom?" Parker asked.

"I am this could be fun if we can find it." I laugh.

We go upstairs to momma's bedroom and picked up the first pic and read the back of it.

~You hated doing this growing up and it sucks. ~

"Ohh I think that would be the vacuum cleaner." I laugh and run to the hallway closet and pull the vacuum out.

"Wait there is another one here in the back Raylee with a bag I bet it's this one," Parker said pulling it out.

I unzip the bag and pull out stacks of money. "Omg Parker it's two hundred more thousand," I said picking it up and taking it to the bed while Parker put the vacuum cleaners back.

"Next!" Parker picks up the picture.

~You put your feet on it in the den. Raise it up and find your stacks. ~

"Oh, I think that would be the ottoman come on!" I said to Parker running down the steps and into the den.  I open the ottoman up and there are more stacks of money.

"Two hundred more?" Parker asks.

"No, it's three hundred thousand. My god where did my mom come up with all of this.?" I ask.

"I have no idea. Let's look at the next pic." He said as we rushed back upstairs.

~The next stack is in a place you loved as a child in a stuffy.~

"Oh, my closet! I used to play with my bear in there." I said running to my room and opening the closet door and spot the bear I know I played with and unzipped the back to find a hundred more.

"Holy shit! I've never seen so much money." Parker said.

We went through a few more pictures and found in total Eight hundred thousand dollars. I locked it up in mommas hideaway spot and went downstairs.

"Your mom was a badass and I think she thought you doing these treasure hunts would get your mind off of her death," Parker said.

His phone beeps.

📱Parker you guys come over and eat with us I made lasagna and salad.

📱Thanks, mom be there soon!

"Momma made lasagna and wants us to come to eat with them are you down?" He asks.

"I am starved so let's go!" I smile at him. We lock up and head to the garage to get on his bike.