Ch 24 🏍

We hop on my bike and head toward the house I grew up in

We hop on my bike and head toward the house I grew up in. I can't wait till my dad meets Raylee that's going to be fun.

We pull up at the house and get off the bike. "Are you ready?" I ask her.

"I am! I'm starving and I know your mom is a good cook." She smiled.

"Oh, you know it! I can't wait to eat." I laugh walking into the house. "Mom we are here."

"We are in the kitchen honey!" Nadine said.

We walk into the kitchen and mom is standing at the stove and dad sitting at the table.

"Hey, guys! Dad this is Raylee!" I said.

"Nice to meet you Raylee." Keith smile.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Cohen," Raylee said.

"Oh please, it's Keith nothing formal about me." He laughs.

"Thanks for inviting me, Nadine. We're you with Maxine when Clarissa showed up?" Raylee asked.

"I was she came in acting like she was a friend of yours and wanted to know where you were that she had lost your number," Nadine explained.

"That's the same crap she said to me mom but Mick came over and we showed him her picture off of the camera and he wrote a report but he said nothing can be done unless they do something," I said.

"It's a shame really that they won't leave you alone. Do you even remember your dad Raylee?" Keith asked.

"Not really I mean he left when I was 7 or 8 and come back sporadically but I didn't have a relationship with him," She said.

"Raylee's mom she wrote stuff on the back of old pictures  like a scavenger hunt and each place we go to we find stacks of money." I laugh.

"Oh, I knew about that a little." Nadine laughed.

"You knew Nadine?" Raylee laughs.

"Yeah, she saved every penny and hid it for you. That house is loaded." Nadine laughed again.

"Can I tell them how much we found today?" I asked her.

"Sure I don't care." Raylee giggles.

"Today alone we found eight hundred thousand. The other night she found three hundred thousand hidden." I said.

"Holy Hell Raylee!" My dad said.

"Dang that's a lot but listen kids don't tell this to anyone ok? Because people may want to try and get some of it." Nadine said.

"Oh, we don't plan to mom. She took it and hid it and I don't even know where she put it." I said.

"Yeah but I'm not hiding it from you Parker I trust you. But I'm not sure if I should put it in the bank or put it in CDs or what?" Raylee said.

"That's a hard decision kid but I would put some in CDs and you could bank some and keep some hidden in a stash," Keith said.

"I'm not sure what momma thought I could do with this much money but we have enjoyed finding it. And we have a bunch of pictures left to go through." Raylee said.

After dinner, Raylee insisted on helping mom clean up and she gave us leftovers to take with us. We head back to Raylee's house and open the garage and pull in.

After we get everything off and locked up we walk into the house. "Your mom is an amazing cook Parker! I'm going to put the leftovers in the fridge." She said.

"Sounds good. You want to watch some tv or more treasure hunting.?" I ask.

"Let's do one more treasure hunt." She said.

I run upstairs and grab the top picture and come back downstairs finding her in the den. "Here it is," I said handing it over to her.

~This place is one you hate and it's dark and creepy but we liked going fishing don't forget the tackle box.~

"Duh the tackle box. Let's go." She smiles running down the stairs and heads to a door off from the kitchen.

"I always hated going down here. But I remember where the tackle box is." She said walking over to the washer and grabbing a box off of the shelf above it.

She hands it to me and I carry it upstairs to the kitchen. It's so filthy I grab a paper towel and wipe it off and open the box.

Raylee reaches in and finds stack after stack of money. "You got to be kidding me." She said looking over at me.

"More stacks of a hundred thousand?" so that's omg that's seven hundred more thousand Raylee!" I said.

"Holy shit Parker did momma rob a bank or what?" She laughs.

"I sure hope not because she wanted you to have it all," I said.

"Let's do one more." She said picking up the stacks to take upstairs.

"I've lost count with all the stacks Raylee." I laugh.

She picks up another photo and reads the back.

~You always love finding gum and candy in this of mine.~

"It has to be her purse. She kept it in her closet on a hanger." She said walking over and finding the purse and dumping the money on the bed. five more stacks fall out. "Another five hundred grand." She laughs.

"I'm dumbfounded at how many stacks we have found." I laugh.

"Ok one more and then I'm ready for bed." She giggles.

I grab the photo and turn it over.

~This will protect you if someone breaks in on you. I even taught you how to use it.~

"Her shotgun! So it has the be the case here under the bed." She said.

I get down and pull it out and lay it across the bed. Raylee opens it and it's stack after stack after stack of money. "Fuckin hell Raylee there are at least twenty stacks of money in here. That's like 2 mil easily not counting all the rest." I said.

She drops her head. "I know momma saved all this but I hope she didn't live on nothing to save all this for me. I have to be smart about this and keep some hid and bank and cd the rest like your dad said." She said.

"Yeah, you do because it's not safe to leave this laying around. Why don't you talk to Koral and see how you can go about putting this in a safety deposit box." I said.

"That's a good idea. I'll call her tomorrow will you go with me?" She asked.

"Of course I will." I smile at her.