Iduna meets Jorgen Bjorgen

1840, somewhere near the sea

Iduna went to sit next to a large rock near the sea. Four years ago, she almost died in that ferocious storm at sea. Although she loved nature, she felt dissatisfied towards the sea - it crushed her great dream of reaching Ahtohallan.

She stared blankly at the rolling waves. Soon it started raining heavily. Usually Iduna would run indoors or find some shelter. Instead, she stayed in her place and put the hood from the cloak she was wearing over her head. Iduna started shivering, but stopped when she noticed this coldness felt similar to carrying Elsa for nine months. It was bearable, and was a blessing.

"Let the storm rage on - the cold never bothered us anyway."

(Perhaps Iduna heard Elsa's song on that fateful summer evening, carrying on into the following dawn. Or what if Iduna used to sing 'Let It Go' to Elsa?)

Iduna wasn't entirely aware that her daughters had reunited the previous year. Elsa did end up freezing Anna's heart on the day after her coronation, and almost lost her. Thankfully, the sisters revived each other, and Anna started to thaw and come back to life. The sisters kept the gates open since, and Arendelle was such a happy place. Elsa even arranged a birthday celebration for Anna a month ago.

Despite the joy the sisters had recently experienced, it was a shame that Iduna couldn't have been part of their recent fun.

It was pouring down with rain, and Iduna wasn't expecting anyone else to also be nearby. She heard light footsteps approaching her. Iduna turned to a little boy, who was now standing right next to her, and smiled.

The boy's mother was calling to him in the distance. "Jorgen! Get away from the sea - and that crazy vagrant!"

Iduna told the boy, "Go back and tell your mama... she should jump into the sea for saying that."

It wasn't the most aggressive comeback, but Iduna wasn't really one to fight back anyway. To be honest, Iduna herself jumped into the sea from the ship.

He replied "Oh I don't think she would like that."

Iduna held the little boy's hand reassuringly. He looked a bit like a penguin with his Macintosh.

"It's okay, you don't need to say that. Say that I was Queen of Arendelle, and I survived a shipwreck." Iduna responded, well pleased with the last parts she mentioned.

"Wow..." the little boy said as he trailed off to tell his mother about the queen he had just spoken to.

"Mama, don't call my friend mean names. She was the Queen of Arendelle and is still alive - she was in a shipwreck!"

The boy's mother gasped in shock - her little son had never spoken in such detail; she had just insulted a queen, and the mentioned queen had survived?

"Jorgen- you were only a baby when everyone thought that the King and Queen of Arendelle... had died. They were on a big ship, and there was a terrible storm. Queen Iduna had survived it! For God's sake, I shouldn't have called her that mean name."

"That's a scary story. The Queen is very brave. Is her name Iduna? Can I go back to speak to her?"

Jorgen's mother nodded. "You can go and speak to her again. I am very sorry for saying what I said before. Queen Iduna never deserved that. Ask if she wants to come to our place for a bit."

Jorgen waddled back to Iduna enthusiastically.  "My mama said she is very sorry for saying that mean thing. She said you and the King of Arendelle went on a ship, and you are still alive! You are my brave friend. Is Iduna your name?"

Iduna gestured for Jorgen to come and hug her for a while. She didn't want to cry, but she did a bit, and he noticed.

"Don't cry, I will make you happy again." Jorgen had a funny idea.

He kept tickling Iduna's chin, which made her giggle.

"Hahaha! You got it right, my name is Iduna. What's your name?"

"My name is Jorgen Bjorgen and I am six years old."

"Oh, I've heard of your name before! My daughter Elsa had a toy called Sir Jorgenbjorgen. I think he was a penguin. You look a bit like a penguin too!"

Jorgen laughed. "Penguins are one of my favourite animals. They can't fly but they can swim!"

I could - sort of - fly and swim! But that might confuse him. Haha, little Jorgenbjorgen!

Iduna smiled, thinking of when Elsa and Anna were little. When she was little too. Childhood was a sweet time.

"Jorgen?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like reindeer too?"

"Yes. Mama looks after two reindeers. She said you can come back home with us."

Iduna got up immediately. "Let's go!"