1.

-Christian Richards-

"Okay Lov'e, stop crying. It's alright, daddy's here." I say attempting to comfort my tiny babygirl. Her face was red, even with her brown complexion. "You should try taking her tempture Christian. She might be getting sick, it's that time of the year." My room mate, and sister, Melissa says leaning against the door frame of Lov'e's room. I sigh, laying Lov'e in her bed, causing her to scream more. I go into her drawer, searching for the white thermometer that had the words Safety First in blue letters. "I can't find it." Melissa sighs, walking away from Lov'e's crib to help me. "You try to calm her down and I'll look." I went back to Lov'e. I went out onto the balcony of our apartment. I rocked her, giving her the pacifier that was hanging off her sleeper. I look out the way, seeing the lights of the town. This Friday night, everyone was out,clubbing,partying, dating. It's sad that age 21, Im stuck home with baby, with no mother. I want to be partying, but my babygirl is WAY more important than fucking around.

It's three in the morning, and I woke a 12 hour shift today. I just got home 3 hours ago, I barely got any sleep. "I found it." I took Lov'e and stuck the thermometer under her arm cause getting in her mouth obviously wasn't going to work since she was screaming her head off. "106.5" I tell Melissa. "She needs to see a doctor Christian." I sigh, "Will you come with me?" Melissa nods. I dressed myself and Lov'e.

We sat in the emergency room of the hospital for three hours, and was sent home with baby medicine and a still crying Lov'e. "Girl you know you got the lungs of a singer huh?" Melissa coos to her. "I got her for the rest of the night Christian. Get some rest, you look terrible." I mug her, then a smile grew on my fsce, "Thanks Melissa." I kiss her cheek and Lov'e before going to bed. Peace at last! My struggles as a single father.

**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Lov'e is pronounced La-Vay. Feedback :)

This is different don't you think?