Chapter Twelve

• Dedicated to Rick Riordan

Chapter Twelve

I caught Adrian's eye at dinner. Afterwards, he came up to me. "Yeah?"

"I have to cancel tonight," I said. When he raised an eyebrow, questioning me, I rushed into the explaination.

"He can't do that!" Adrian said, "He'll get himself killed!"

"He's a god Adrian. Gods can't die."

"He'll fade!"

"That was my reaction!"

He looked at me, "What's your part in this?"

I took a deep breath, "Well, I have to sit on the dock and help him rise through the water. After he's blown, one of the new demigods I don't really know will give me a message, which I'll direct to Zeus."

"Wait- how'll you direct it to Zeus if you don't have any power?"

"Daniel believes that they'll be regained when he's blown up. The rest of his powers will come to me, and then he'll be... gone."

Adrian sighed, "Why do you have to take any part in this? I don't raelly like that."

"Like I do, Adrian?"

"Adrian!" Mr. D called. (A/N If you read my canceled fan fiction, The Moon Prophecy, then you'd know that Mr. D is Adrian's dad. Just wanted to let you know.)

"I have to go," he said, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and walking off. I sighed as I turned to walk back to my cabin. Great. Just great.

Hey people. Did you like it? I hope so. I wouldn't have ended the chapter that fast, but I need to finsih my math homework. I never wait this long to do it, but oh well. Anyways, give a huge thanks to HecateA on fanpop, or else you wouldn't have this chapter for a few days. Bye.

~goddessoflife~