◀one▶

the truth untold - bts ft. steve aoki 

「do you even have a place to go? could you tell me?」

in the many cities of south korea, there were always legends that the creatures of the night are amongst the living. stories passed on through word of mouth from elders, down to mothers and fathers as a way of scaring their naughty children into behaving, frequently telling them that if they are being bad, the vampire will visit them and drink their blood. 

these creatures were rumored to have moved throughout the cities of south korea, they've seen how the country has flourished over the years but as a means to keep their identity under wraps, they are said to use different names. 

some are even said to go to different countries, mainly japan, china, european countries, and the united states, some do it to be with other kinds as means of bringing connections between them while others use it to avoid detection and suspicions.

but that wasn't the case for one of them, kang yeosang, was too scared to step even a mere inch out of south korea as it was the only place he had known and seen flourished.

he never thought of using a different name as it was the only thing that connects him to his mother, a sound resonating from a high point.

he feels his senses get hit by the salty sea air of busan, half of his body had been speckled with the sea water due to the waves that had crashed upon the sea wall where he had been sitting for the past hour or so.

it was the only time of the day he can go enjoy the remaining sunlight as it stings his skin so if he were to go out on a sunny day, he always made sure to cover himself with a large hoodie but this time he was out in the open.

considering it'd be the last of his day to see the beautiful beach before he finally settles for good in a secluded house up a hill in gyeongsang owned by a vampire he had met years prior when he was studying philosophy, park seonghwa.

he looks down at the page of his notebook that had been filled with words, more precisely, his story but it's a story he can never tell but he likes to leave a piece of himself in every city or town he's ever been in but they can never be read as when he finishes

the pages either gets blown in the wind, to be submerged into the water until the ink bleeds and can never be deciphered, or even burned. 

only those elements know of his true being, how long he's been roaming the earth, how he was created, what become of his family, how his gifts and senses came to be.

all the guilt he's ever felt for every human he had to kill when he couldn't control his thirst when he was a novice who had a trouble controlling his thirst. sometimes he'd wish he was mortal, to live a normal life but there is one wish that had stood for so long, for his true love to maybe come back to him.

he lies down on the sea wall, looking at the sun slowly sinking down on to the ocean, the skies were a mixture of purples, pinks, and oranges with speckles of white clouds, he lifts his hand up and stares at the silver band wrapped around his finger, smiling bitterly as another year passed of him being alone 

"you'll come back, i know you will." he whispers before raising the notebook over his face and ripping out the pages that he had filled out over the course of his stay in the city, he sits back up as he tore them to tiny pieces just to make sure it doesn't get in the hands of someone else

he clasps his hands over the torn paper as he carefully stood up on the edge of the sea wall, looking down at the blue and white waves crashing, waiting for the strong gust of wind before setting it free into the wind and then he smiles to himself as it was his way of leaving behind all the memories he had in that city before he goes back to his apartment for one last time.