Chapter Four

I sat on top of the Ark, as usual, when I saw someone on the ground waving up at me. I slid down the side of the ship to come face to face with Pike.

"What do you want!" I growled.

"To apologize," he said. That was unexpected.

I glared at him, "For what?"

"I had assumed that because you grew out on Earth that you had it all," Pike said, "And I didn't know you were the last of your clan."

"None of us had it easy," I snapped, "When I was seven, my village was destroyed. I ran and I survived for twelve years. Four months ago, I found a friend, the only other survivor from my clan. And I watched as one of the mountain men put a bullet in his heart."

He then said something along the lines of, "I understand what it's like to lose people."

"He was like a brother to me," I continued, "Have you ever held someone you loved in your arms and watched them die? Do you know what it's like to have holes drilled into your body by scientists, but know it's nothing compared to the pain of losing them?"

He stayed silent.

"Do you know what it's like to blame yourself for their death for twelve years? Or how it feels to see their ghost following you around, to see them in your mind knowing you'll never hold their hand again?"

"No," Pike said.

I nodded, and then pulled myself together, hissing like a viper, "Then you have no right to judge us."

With that, I stormed away. Outside the gates, I set to work in the forest, hunting for something to kill.

As I aimed my arrow at a bird in the trees, a twig snapped behind me, and the bird flew away.

My arrow flew into the tree behind me, the next one already knocked into my bow and aimed.

"Sorry to disturb you," Bellamy tossed me the arrow, "and your weird way of hunting and killing things to get rid of your anger."

"If you're here to give me an inspirational speech on how I should be less angry at people I hardly know," I warned, "Then the next arrow doesn't miss."

Bellamy nodded, "We're taking the farm station refugees to Mount Weather."

"And?"

"And if you want, you can come," Bellamy concluded.

I smiled, "Thank you for your permission."

"Pike's not coming," he added.

"When do we leave?" I asked. I needed to get away from Pike.

He smiled, "The rover leaves in five minutes."

I slung my bow over my back and ran back to the gate, where the rover was waiting.

"Hi Gina," I smiled at Bellamy's girlfriend, who was already in the back of the rover with Octavia.

She waved at me politely as Bellamy closed the back door behind us.

"Let's go," I said.

It was a long ride to Mount Weather, and halfway there, we ended up on a very uneven gravel path.

Octavia looked like she was about to be sick, "Should have brought my horse."

When we arrived, Bellamy held the large metal door open as tithe others walked in.

"You coming?" Bellamy asked.

"Yeah," I realized I had frozen on the way inside.

The refugees from farm station were already there, mostly on level five.

I stopped when I saw a bloodstain on the ground that hadn't been cleaned up, probably mistaken for paint.

Bellamy grabbed my shoulder, "You're freezing again."

"This is where he died," I said.

"And this is where these people," he gestured to the people all around, "are going to live."

He then followed Octavia as she walked back outside.

I just stood, looking at the blood on the ground, unable to move.

Raven, who had come here with Sinclair on the rover, though I didn't notice, walked up to me, "He'd be proud of you."

"I wish," I stated ruefully.

There was a large commotion outside, and Bellamy and Octavia burst in, carrying a grounder.

As she sat down, I saw who she was. Echo of Azgeda, the woman who had helped us in Mount Weather.

"Echo?" I asked.

"My queen- Azgeda is planning an attack on the summit at sunset," Echo said, "You'll have to be go quick."

A guard asked, "Why tell us?"

She glanced between me and Bellamy, "I owe you."

Echo then walked out of the hallway. The others followed her in the rover.

"You coming?" Bellamy asked.

"I'll stay and keep the other safe," I said, nodding over to Gina and Raven, "Hurry."

They bolted out the door.

I continued to help Gina get everything sorted for the refugees, and then helped Raven organize supplies.

Gina left for the main office to unlock some random door. I followed her.

Standing in the corner, I heard a loud click in the hallway. Gina didn't notice it, and kept working on the control panel, trying to figure out a passcode.

Then, a fast shadow slipped into the room. Gina fell to the ground, having shrieked in agony.

I faced a tall man wearing Azgeda war paint. Echo lied. It was a trap.

Trying not to break my cover, I waited until he was leaving the room again.

The door clicked shut behind him.

The guards would take care of him, but I was no help to Gina dead.

I rushed over, trying to stop the bleeding, but the damage was too deep.

"Warn them," she said, "Now."

The man set up a self destruct sequence. To know that, he had to be- he had to be from the mountain.

Oh, I would kill him slowly and painfully.

I radioed Raven to warm her, but there was nothing more I could do.

All I was able to do was pull Gina into my arms and whisper to her in a sweet voice, "Kom woda 'so gyon op, gon woda 'so kom daun."

I said it kindly as though it were a song, repeating it until her breathing and her heart stopped.

Looking at the timer, I had two minutes to get out of the mountain.

Racing through the empty hallways, I reached the main door just in time.

The explosion threw me to the ground, and I tumbled down the hill.

"Sky!" Raven yelled. She pulled me back upright. I looked up at her and Sinclair, an elderly mechanic, and Raven's mentor.

"I couldn't stop him," I choked out, "I tried but she was already dead.

Raven nodded, but then picked up the radio, "Bellamy, it was a trap."

"What?" he asked over the radio, "There's nothing wrong here."

"It was to get you away," Raven said, "Only Sinclair, Sky, and I got out in time. Mount Westher is gone."