Chapter Thirteen

"Sky," a voice said, "Sky!"

I awoke from a dreamless sleep, "What did I miss?"

"Nothing," Clarke said, "We're waiting for you for Sinclair and Lincoln's funeral. You don't have to-"

"I'll come," I looked under my vest to see a bandaged taped around my entire stomach.

Everything hurt. I said as much.

"It will hurt," Clarke said, "But they won't reopen, and they aren't infected. You'll be running again in no time."

"Good," I said, "I'm not good at sitting and doing nothing."

She tried to give me a hand for support, but I leaned on the pipes and rails at the side of the corridor.

As I walked outside, I saw everyone gathered around a pile of logs with two bodies on top.

"She's awake," Clarke announced.

"Should she be on her feet this soon?" Raven asked.

Clarke shrugged, "You were."

I refused to sit down during the funeral. Raven and Octavia, being closest to Sinclair and Lincoln, lit the pyre.

"Kom woda 'so gyon op, gon woda 'so kom daun," I whispered.

But after that, I added, "In peace may you leave this shore. In love may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels. Until our final journey to the ground, may we meet again."

Only when the sparks from the fire stopped flying in the sky and glowing like stars did I sit down on the nearest log.

"How are you feeling?" Bellamy asked.

I smiled, "Clarke stitched me back together pretty well, so given the circumstances, yeah."

Bellamy glared at me, "Then why were you such an idiot?"

"What?" I was genuinely confused.

"Why take three bullets for me?"

I sighed, "When Emerson pointed that gun at Kadian, I wasn't fast enough. This time, I was."

"Please don't ever do that again," he pulled me into a hug.

Since it had gone winter, I was twenty. Pretty much an adult. I was done growing.

Either I was small, or Bellamy was big, probably a bit of both, but the top of my head was his shoulder height in the hug.

"When do we leave to find Luna?" I asked.

"Dawn- wait," Clarke stopped, "We?"

Bellamy glared at me again, "You're not coming."

"Clarke said I would be running in no time. Besides, we have the rover, so I'd be sitting down most of the way there," I argued.

They frowned, but then took a deep breath, shaking their heads, "Fine."

I walked back to the bed in the med bay and fell asleep.

The next morning, I grabbed my two daggers, my sword, and my gun.

I met the others in the rover. We set off, following the map Octavia found in Lincoln's journal.

The rover drove nearly silently. My stomach was killing me, but I put up with it.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Three days," Clarke replied.

Three days. I guess whatever she was doing worked.

"Don't ever take a bullet for me again," Bellamy said, "Or three."