Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Court Herbalists

***

May, 22, 1898

Ryujin's POV

It has been two whole days, and we're still currently looking for a job, as for the place that we've been staying in, as of the moment. We are currently staying at Chaeryeong's parent's house, with her Younger sister, that is.

We're currently inside a Pharmacy we were waiting, when a boy, suddenly came in and went over the counter, to get something. Looking at the herbs, more like examining them, before giving them a nod. The herbalist quickly told the assistant to pack it, and hand it over to him. I was still busy looking at the boy, when somebody tapped me. It was Chaeryeong, she looked at me, while smiling.

"Eonni. They're already calling us." She said, while still getting my attention. I quickly snapped out of it, and went towards the counter, with Chaeryeong. We quickly gave out application forms to him, and he quickly looked at us.

"Hmm, the both of you are literally skilled enough to pass, but the bad news is, we aren't hiring anymore." He said, while looking down and then frowned.

'What the? If, they weren't hiring anymore, then, why did still want to entertain us? And look at our application? He is really weird, and weirder than Beomgyu, being a total mess of being after being total crazy pants.' I thought, and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh. If, that's the case, then, can you please at least, recommend us, a bit few places to work in?" Chaeryeong asked, while smiling.

"Well, there is one. But, you have to pass the exams just to get in that one." He said, while looking at his assistant.

"And, that is?" I asked him, boredly.

"Being one of the Court Herbalist of Clarines. You guys saw that guy earlier?" He said which we only nod at.

"Well, you guys see he is one of the most successful Court Herbalist of Clarines. He has achieved such achievements, and at such a young age as well." He said.

"And? What's that gotta do with us?" I asked him.

"Well, you can take the Court Herbalist test. And become a Court Herbalist, but of course there will be an exam. You two need to pass the exams before you guys even get to be Court Herbalists. But, be aware that the number of Herbalists, that pass are only limited, the maximum would two, while the minimum would be none." He said, explaining the Exam, but we were more on the surprised side when he said, in the exam there would be none to pass.

"Oh. Well, thank you for telling us about the Exam, sir." Chaeryeong said, and bowed.

"We got to go now, so we can study everything that the exam will include." She said, and walked over the door. I quickly bowed, and followed her.

And that's when I noticed that she wasn't alone anymore.

When, I walked out of the Pharmacy. I saw that Chaeryeong, was no longer alone. She was talking to somebody. And it's the most annoying person in the world.

The Second Prince of Clarines Choi Beomgyu. The guy I danced with when I was young. I told Chaeryeong about him, but, we didn't know that we will be meeting him. If, I didn't make it a bit on the obvious side, he might be conducting a background check on us.

Plus, the reason why, I know all this is because when, we came here, two days ago, everybody started saying, 'He is back! The Prince is back!'. I and Chaeryeong were left so utterly confused back then, and then, they told us, that this Choi Beomgyu, is actually the Second Prince of Clarines.