Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Protective Mission

***

August, 9, 1898

Ryujin's POV

We were suddenly called to Taehyun's 'Office' he said, he wanted us to get some field experience which we really don't get. If, you're going to be an assistant court herbalist, then shouldn't you be more in the field of like, studying, measuring, cleaning, fixing, filing, taking notes, and stuff like that. But, what he said makes no sense at all. He said that we will get some field experience literally outside the castle and the kingdom.

We ran towards the castle infirmary, as it was our rest day. But, Taehyun said, this is an urgent matter. Once, we got in, we quickly went to Taehyun's 'office'. We knocked and then, opened the door, and saw him, frustrated and that rarely happens to him, by what Mia eonni said and explained to us. So, before we ask, what's the thing that's so, Urgent, and comfort him first.

"Hey, Taehyun-ah... Are you okay?" Chaeryeong asked him.

He quickly looked at us, and then shook his head so bad. Okay, now I think, this is literally an urgent matter or maybe, he is just crazy for Chae?

"What's the matter, Tae?" Chaeryeong asked him, in a comforting voice.

"What's the matter?! The matter is somebody stole the plant that is literally rare, and got away with it!" He said, and threw his hands up.

Okay, so, this is all about the herb that somebody got him? Okay, apparently he has gone haywire, or in other words, Crazy. I still don't think that's a reasonable and urgent problem, to make me and Chae, ran here, as if our lives depends on it.

"Okay... let me get this straight. This is all because of an herb?" I asked him, which he just nodded at.

"Okay. Let me say this straight forward. You literally are a super crazy intellectual person, but made things super complicated for us." I said which made him look down.

"I'm sorry..." He said, while his looking down at the floor.

"It's just, it's one of a kind and it's hard to get by or maybe get it." He said.

"Okay, so let's get to the point where you ask us to get the plant back or get more, shall we?" I asked him, which he looked surprised.

"W-What... H-how? It's literally one of a kind." He said, while looking at us.

"Well, not every single herb and medicine couldn't be found anywhere. It's just hard to find, and that's why it's rare." I said, making my point.

"You're right... but, where can we get it?" He asked.

I literally face palmed on his really stupid question, and I thought Beomgyu was the stupid one, turns out he has a younger version of him. Although, Beomgyu did say, that he has a younger brother, we haven't seen him yet. But, Yeonjun oppa and Yeji eonni said, that his brother is out of town as of the moment, he is visiting Alynthi. Yeji unnie's kingdom.

We were starting to talk, about what we should do, to get the herb that was stolen. We searched every single book, in the infirmary but, there was nothing about it. But, then I remembered that I have a book that, Taehyun was borrowing.

'Maybe, that book has something in store for us.' I thought.

"Taehyun, can I get my book back, from you?" I asked him, which he looked confused at first but suddenly got the idea, and answered it with a nod. And quickly left the room, to look for it. After a couple of minutes, he returned with a book in his hands.