Chapter 09

Chapter 09: Breaking Traditions & Rules

***

March, 9, 1894

Ryujin's POV

It has been months, after the ball, and I still have no idea, on what to do with my sister's case. I've been reading books about, on how somebody can interfere, in a arrange marriage, but nothing really actually helped me.

I was busy reading another book about it, called: "The Arrange Marriage Guide". Mel, said, it will save my sister, from her arrange marriage.

I was so uninterested in reading this type book I'd rather read more math and science books, but, for my sister, I'll do everything. I'm currently on page two thousand, nine hundred, eighty-two. Until a eye capturing, title got my attention, it said: "How to stop a Arrange Marriage, from two Royal Parties".

I finally, got to the section, where I really wanted to be in!

***

After, reading that full, section. I finally, get that the only way to stop it was, if you have a sibling, an older one. If they, either, die or run away, then, you are next in line to the Throne, meaning, if I left, the Kingdom, then, she'll stay here, and manage the Kingdom herself. She then won't be in that arranged marriage no more!

I quickly thought of a plan, so I can approach my parents, on this matter, without harming anybody. All they have to do was, agree on my terms, and were good to go.

But, if they stay away, then, I'm sorry, for I'm about to do, for Father always says, make a back-up plan so, if plan number one fails, you already know what to do.

Once, I got a plan, I stood up, and went towards the door of my Study room, but quickly looked back, thinking if this is really the good thing to do. Once, I got my mind made up, I quickly opened the door, and went outside walking towards my Parent's Study room. Knowing, that they'll be there.

I'm currently, standing in front of my Father's Study Room. To my surprise, I wasn't really scared or anything. Normally, I would be scared or anxious just talking to him, but, I'm not, well, anymore.

I knocked on the door, before saying my name. I waited for my Father's response, to let me come in. Once, I heard it, I gently turned the knob, and went in. I closed the door, and turned around, to see both my parents, sat and reading some books.

'Maybe, it's a cover up?' I thought, because it looks super odd.

"Mother? Father? I want to speak to you." I said, and walked towards them.

"Hmm? About what?" Mother asked me, but her attention was still on the book.

"You know? My sister's arrange Marriage?" I asked them.

"You still remember that?" They both asked me.

"You guys know me. If, it's something important, I don't forget it that easily. Especially, when it comes to our family." I said, while raising an eyebrow at them.

"I know, you won't be happy about it, but, please accept it. It's for the sake of our Kingdom." Father said.

"Well..." I said, and smiled.

I know that they're buying that I'll say yes. But, they're wrong.

"If, that's what you guys want, then I'll have to disagree with this matter." I said, and smiled.