Chapter 27

Joker's POV

-the next day-

I wonder why Akai didn't come to school today. 

Akai's POV

I'm packing up my things. My landlord kicked me out of my apartment since I haven't paid the rent in I don't know, 5 months?

I need to find a new place to stay, but in the meantime I stayed at this cave in the forest and made myself a bed using the sticks and leaves I found.

I had to skip school today though. Sigh, I was looking forward to seeing Jack.

At around 5:00 pm, I flew to the Twin Thunder Shark, which is Spade's airship.

"Oh Phoenix, what are you doing here?" Spade asked me, he was doing his homework.

"I got kicked out of my apartment, mind if I stay here?"

"Sorry Akai, but my place is already crowded, look" I saw tons of books were on the floor "And I can't risk you burning anything"

"Maybe I could crash at Queen's?"

"Nope. You wouldn't want to stay at Queen's place. One time, me and Joker stayed there for the weekend and we almost got sliced by her sword, which made Joker afraid of sharp objects for 2 weeks"

Note to self, stay away from Queen.

"Speaking of Joker, maybe you could stay at his place?"

I could feel my nose bleed.

"W-what? Are you serious?"

"There's no other choice, and if you're thinking of Cyan and Rose's castle, those two make sweet apple pie everyday and I know you hate sweets"

I can't believe it.

Am I seriously gonna stay at Joker's?!

Welp, time to burn all of my unsent love letters before I move there, I can't risk him seeing it even just one.