☑ ᵇᵉ ᵗʳᵉᵃᵗᵉᵈ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉˢˢ

chapter thirty-seven

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?

(Y/N) tossed and turned on the Kambe's bed in their guestroom. Despite it actually a thousand times fluffier than her decade-old mattress at her own house, she still couldn't find it in her to get a shut-eye. She, once again, glanced at the silver linings of the wall clock prodded on the expensive beige wallpaper and caught sight of the hour hand pointing at the numerical value of 7.

Her teeth clutched unto the inside of her cheek as she stood up from the bed and proceeded to exit the room, her stomach grumbling as it beg her to be fed. Daisuke still haven't returned to the room for dinner so it wouldn't hurt if she roams around the manor while waiting, right?

The young woman's (e/c) irises landed on the fresh crimson dots trailing on the floor which seems to lead to a certain location. A bright beam crept unto the fragility of her cheeks as the nostalgic scene from The Wizard of Oz entered her mind. Giddily, she followed the chain of seemingly red paint blots and persuaded her self in seeing where it would take her like some character in a fantasy movie.

"Follow the yellow brick- uh.. I mean red dots!" She childishly remarked while raising her hand in the mid-air, thankfully no one was there to witness such an idiotic behavior from a 24-year old woman.

With her focus all poured down on the droplets, she never noticed the different rooms in the manor that she has already passed by. Her feet just halted its steps upon having a door in front of her which stopped her from going any further.

(Y/N) blinked after realizing that she was now standing a couple of inches away from the humongous freezer room of the Kambe's. She bit her lower lip to add suspense with the random excitement that she got from the desire to continue her following of the red dots, her hand getting closer to the handle.

"Ms. (Y/N), what are you doing?" The young woman jolted as she was surprised with the oh-so familiar voice of the ravenette. She hesitantly turned her body around, catching the view of the boy raising his eyebrow questioningly at her.

"I was.. following the trail of blots of red on the floor to see where it would lead me to. We can join forces in solving it if you want!"

Daisuke tried to process the playful and immature statement that she confidently spatted, a grin of anticipation painted brightly on her face. His oceanic hued orbs fell towards the floor and saw what the girl was talking about.

"That's.. the blood stain from the fresh steak cut that the kitchen staff obtained from Scotland. The transfer just happened a few minutes ago, I deeply apologize if the maids haven't managed to clean off the droplets in all of the hallways."

(Y/N)'s lips were formed into a pout of disappointment as her childhood addiction of magical mysteries were shattered. Dusts of pink clouded her puffy cheeks while her eyes stared at the male's blank expression.

"Yikes.. Thought it was actually red paint which leads to some kind of a treasure or something." She choked out some fake coughs to cover up the embarrassment that she was currently going through. Her nose was scrunched in a gullible manner before excusing herself out of the kitchen, sprinting back to the guest room in a split second afterwards.

Daisuke sighed in relief as he made sure that the young woman has already exited the kitchen. His breathing finally calmed down, him crouching down to take a good look on the red paint that he have splattered on the floor to make some kind of a trail towards the location where he was in this very moment.