Chapter 1

I looked around at the crowed room that was in the bar. We had just completed the last day of our midterm and Adrian had insisted on taking us all out. I was sure he wanted to be closer to me but his plan backfired when Kirova assigned Dimitri to go with us. I had to admit so far I was having a pretty good time.

"OK HERE GOES THE FIRST 'SPOTLIGHT MIC'!" the guy at the microphone yelled. Then the spotlight roamed the room landing on a random girl.

"YOU COME ON UP" he said. The girl instantly jumped up and ran to the stage. You could see her bouncing with anticipation.

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME?" he asked the girl.

"My name is Jessica!" she said into the mic only not as loud as the guy.

"OK JESSICA YOU GO OVER THERE AND-"

"PICK YOUR SONG" the crowd yelled. Everyone waited as the girl picked a song and went to the mic.

"This song is dedicated to my boyfriend Justin" she said while waiting for the music to start as soon as the music started the girl started to sing.

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

I'm standing there in a balcony in summer air

See the lights see the party the ball gowns

See you make your way through the crowd and say hello

Little did I know

That you were Romeo you were throwing pebbles and my daddy said stay away from Juliet

And I was crying on the staircase begging you please don't goooo

And I said "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess a guy walked on stage and knelt down on his knee

It's a love story Baby just say yes the guy sang poorly. Everyone started cheering immediately. Then the music was cut off.

"Jessica, I love you with all my heart," the guy took a deep breath and I discreetly looked over to Dimitri who was staring at me. Yeah dude I'm with ya I thought. I know how it feels to love like that. Only your love loves you back. I sighed "Jessica will you marry me?" A squeal erupted from the girl as tears began to leak out of her eyes.

"Yes!"She squeaked.

"AWE ISN'T THAT SWEET! SEE THIS BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER" the mic dude yelled to the crowd.

"HERE WE GO OUR NEXT RANDOM MIC IS... YOU! COME ON UP" he said pointing to Lissa as the spotlight landed on her.

"No nonononononon!" she said

"Come on Liss" I said a smile spreading on my lips.

"No!"

"Oh come on. For me?" I asked using the puppy eyes and Dimitri laughed. I shot him a death glare which only made him laugh harder cause he knew he could kick my butt.

"Ohhhhh! Alright. But... only if you go up to and then you go after me." she said. By that time I had started drinking the water as I was glaring at Dimitri.

"What?" I exclaimed spitting out my water. If it wasn't for the fact that he had moved Dimitri would have been soaked.

"Oh come on Rose" she said mimicking my puppy eyes "for me?" I sighed there was no way I was getting out of this.