Chapter 15

I froze and my heart which had been soaring just seconds ago sank.

"B-battle?"

"Yes."

"But why?" my voice cracked.

"I am one of the most trained and effective guardians" his faced turned stony and his voice cold. "The only reason Belikov isn't going is because Tasha requested him to be with her"

"Oh."

"Rose I can't do this."

"Then don't go" I moved to grasp his arm.

"Not the battle Rose, us." Once again I froze.

"Aleksei, What are you saying?"

"You're smart you know what I'm saying."

"Why, Leksei? What happened to never leaving me?" he grabbed my arm tightly and looked to me. His eyes glass, his grip iron tight.

"Rose, don't do that to me. Do you want to know the Reason why? Do you? You're the reason!"

"I didn't do anything Leksei. I really didn't" I gasped. He pulled me closer so our noses were almost touching. It felt like he was going to kiss me only his face was not at all friendly and I did not feel the urge to close the distance between us. His grip tightened as he opened his mouth to talk.

"You did!" he chuckled sadistically. "I saw you looking at him. I saw the way you looked at him" he whispered the last part through his teeth.

"Leksei I wasn't-"

"That's what you did! You played with my heart!" he shook me.

"You're hurting me"

"Like you hurt me?"

"Leksei I swear, I swear-"

"Haha you swear what!" I was crying now. That's when I heard footsteps. Feet pounding down the stairs. Yet our eyes stayed locked on each other his icy and full of hate.

Dimitri POV

Tasha sat there looking at me. Rosalina in her pack and play sleeping, her chest moving slightly with each breath.

"So how was it?" she asked with a smug look on her face.

"How was what?" I walked into the bathroom leaving the door cracked so I could still hear her. I heard her perfectly as she cackled.

"You know the whole seeing Lissa and Christian and that one other girl who… hmmm has an uncanny resemblance to someone I could have sworn we knew." She walked in the bathroom with me. "I don't know why you change in the bathroom Dimka it isn't 7th grade and this isn't the gym changing room"

"Tasha please get out." She smirked and put her hands up walking out pulling the door to.

"Fine. Oh what was her name? Rachel… Rosalyn, Rosemarie?"

"Tasha It really isn't that big of a deal. You know her name and Priya looks like Priya not… Rosemarie" My teeth were gritted now and I'd abandoned trying to change.

"Ah so I was right that was her name" she said amused.

"You knew that"

"Mhm sure. Well Dimka I'm sleepy I'm going to bed" she said. I peeked out to see her crawling under the sheets facing the wall. It wasn't long before I heard the slight sound of her breathing. I finally went back to the bathroom lost in my thoughts. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair all the while thinking

"You're the reason!" I heard suddenly jolted out of my thoughts. It was loud with a Russian accent. It must have been the other guardian Aleksei.