Chapter 6

We rushed into the clinic after leaving the car at the gate of the academy.

"Help someone please help!" I yelled.

"Pu-please someone!" Vasilissa sobbed. She walked in beside me as I effortlessly carried my Roza through the door. Dr. Olendski came out searching frantically. When she finally saw us it was evident on her face. She stopped in her tracks. When I knew she wouldn't move I spoke.

"Please help it's…its Rose" I said extending my arms so she could see Rose's face. She motioned for us to follow her stiffly. We ran down the hall to a huge room with lots of machines.

"Place her on the bed. The other doctor will be in here in a second" she said before turning around and started towards the door.

"Wait. Other doctor?" I asked walking over after setting down Rose and putting my hand on her shoulder. She stopped and stared at the place in front of her.

"Yes Dr. Svetlana will be in here shortly."

"Why not you?" I asked.

"I ca…can't. But I'll go over her labs and tell you but for now only you in here guardian Belikov." She said and I let my hand drop. She looked back at Rose then met my eyes one more time briefly before whispering, "I can't" and leaving. I turned to Vasilissa was looking at me with tear drenched eyes. I walked over to her and wrapping her in a firm hug.

"It'll be okay little one" I whispered while rubbing circles in her back not like I would with Rose but like the way I would with Viktoria when she cried. I was treating her like my sister. I knew she needed one while Rose wasn't here and that would be me. I held her until she stopped crying and sent her to her room. The doctor came in and out checking this and that and I just sat there not really listening just waiting for it all to stop and for my Roza to wake up. I sat in the chair next to Rose's bed and held her hand as I watched my love hooked up to all these machines. I looked hatefully at the machine that was hooked up to help her breathe. I sat rubbing comforting circles in the back of her hand. I looked up when I heard someone attempt to knock on the door but failing terribly. I saw with her hand over her mouth and her eyes filled with tears. I gripped the chair and looked ahead. When she saw that I had spotted her she walked in hesitantly.

"Guardian Belikov…. I'm sorry but Rose is not waking up. She's… she's… in a coma." She said letting the tears roll down her cheeks.

"No…" I whispered.

"I'm s…sorry" she managed.

"Thank you doctor Olendski" I said turning around and walking out the doors of the room. Out the doors of the hospital. And from there I ran. When I got to my room I walked in hearing my phone ringing. I sighed it could be something good. I walked over to my desk that was neat just as the rest of my room and picked up my phone.

"Belikov" I answered.

"Hey Dimitri guess what just happened?" Alberta's familiar voice said all too happily for this point in time.

"Yes?" I encouraged.

"All of the guardians except for the gate guardians have time off on Kirova's orders." She said "well I'll talk to you later I'm gonna enjoy before she changes her mind. Good night." She said eagerly and hung up the phone. When her call ended I sat staring at my phone until the 'call ended' notification turned off leaving me with my screen saver. A picture of Rose. My Roza throwing her head back with laughter her face filled with happiness. It hurt me. Hurt me deeply. To think that she would never be like this again. She would never be that happy again. She would never be that bright or full of life again. And it was all my fault It overwhelmed me and suddenly I found myself chucking my phone across the room. It felt good to let out the rage. I stormed around the room knocking things down and when I was finished it looked like I had been robbed. I'd knocked down pictures, books, shelves, the desk, turned over the lamps and now the only thing that lay untouched was my bed. Neat and made up just like my mama taught me. Abruptly I heard a knock.

"Dimka" Natasha Ozera's voice spoke. I stayed silent.

"Dimka are you awake?" she asked with another knock. I walked over to the door calmly when all I wanted to do was scream.

"Hello Natasha" I said