How we met

I always had a boring simple life, same thing everyday. I'm in my first year in college but I used to work as well. I'm eighteen turning nineteen in two weeks.

"Elena...? Are you listening to me?" Mrs. Ditch asked.

"Huh? Can you repeat what you asked me?" I jumped. I've always hated this class. So boring... the teacher always nags at me.

"I asked if you were listening! Which you clearly were not... you might as well drop out if you aren't going to pay attention." Mrs. Ditch ranted.

"Maybe if you actually teach instead of looking up math pages people would show up." I mumbled.

"What did you just s-" Mrs. Ditch was cut off.

"RING RING"

I grabbed my bag and jumped over the desk. I left the classroom in a rush and I bumped into my friend Cleo. We have been friends since 7th grade. She knows me inside out.

"Hey! Don't forget we're going to a concert later tonight. I can't wait! I've always wanted to see them perform in person! Choi San is a total babe... I would die just breathe in his direction." Cleo rambled.

"I like them too but I wouldn't go that far now... they're just people who are talented. No big deal." I say. Cleo always had this k-pop addiction and she constantly tries to drag me into it.

"What do you mean normal?! They are gods walking this earth." Cleo argues.

"Anyways, who else is coming?" I asked.

"Oh right! Kalani will be there too. That's all." She answered.

"Okay well I'm going home to get ready. Pick me up early so we can get there on time. No distractions!" I playfully said.

I walked into my house and the first thing I smell was alcohol. My dad must have been drinking again. That bastard never does anything for anyone but himself. He's selfish. When I have a place to go best believe I'm going to go there. Anything is better than this monster.

I crept upstairs hoping he doesn't see me. He's not a good person to be around when he's like that. His temper gets bad. As I walk in my room I'm greeted with my fan blowing in my face. The air was relaxing. I close my door and lock it. I pick out a quick outfit for the night I have planned. I chose to wear a leather jacket with a black dress. I'm not a makeup person so I just did something simple.
I crept down the stairs praying to god my dad doesn't see me.

"Hey! Where d-do you t-think you're going?" My dad stuttered.

"Nowhere." I quickly ran through the halls and out the front door. I tripped on my way out. My leg was cut and it stung so bad. I held in my tears and got ready to get up.

I look up and I see Cleos hand reaching to help me up.

"He's still like that? I'm so sorry." she pitied me.

"It's fine, I'm fine. Thanks though." I say while getting up.

We get in the car and I was silent. Cleo and Kalani were talking but I wasn't up for it. So I sat there with my earbuds in until we got there.

"We're here!" Kalani shook me up.
I jump up and see a big building with lights flashing out of it.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I shout with excitement.