Chapter 9

A few days past and my birthday was today. I'm now 19, something I've been waiting for a while. Sandra did my room yesterday but the paint needed to dry so I couldn't sleep in there right now. I called Cleo to see if she wanted to do anything today but she declined my calls. Did she forget...? That's a little hurtful. I then called Mingi but he also didn't pick up. Well... what the hell do I do now? This sucks... I decided to just stay in bed all day since everyone was busy. I was laying in bed for a few hours until I heard a knock at the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I ignored it and turned the TV up, I didn't feel like getting up.

*BANG*

I jumped and ran to see what the sound was. I looked through the peephole and saw San ready to break the door down. I quickly opened it and he fell to the floor.

"What the hell are you doing? Have you lost it?!" I shout in disbelief.

"Hey! Wanna have a best friend day!" He smiled dramatically.

"Since when are we best friends?" I tilted my head sideways.

"Since forever, DUH! Keep up!" He grabbed my wrist and pushed me into my clothes.

"Put something nice on!" He says pacing around.

"What.. no. Why? What's the point of that?" I asked confused.

"Just go! I want to do a video with you but I can't if you look like that..." He said disgusted.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean...?" I rolled my eyes.

"Just go!" He then sits down and gets comfortable.

I don't really know what I'm supposed to wear but he's wearing a suit so I guess it should be somewhat fancy. I put a pink stretchy dress on and my favorite leather jacket. I brushed my hair into a back bun and did my edges. I had to at least try to look good. I put on makeup and called it a day. As I'm walking out the bathroom San quickly grabs my wrist and we started running out the building and into his car.

"Why are you running?!" I yelled.

"Why are you screaming?!" He shouted.

He's trying to be funny and I'm genuinely concerned for his mental state right now. He starts driving really fast and now I'm scared that I'm not going to make it out of this car alive. I rushed to put my seat belt on and I closed my eyes. The car then abruptly stops and I nearly hit the dash board. He puts his hand in front of me to protect my face.

San jumped out of the car and opened the door for me. I get out and we're in front of a big building darker than the color black itself. I was weirded out, but I followed him anyways. We entered the building and a bunch of lights start turning on. Pink lights, blue lights... any color you can think of. I looked around amazed and I see Cleo and Kalani and many other people. There was a lot of people I didn't know but I loved making new friends so I didn't mind. I look around to see if I see Mingi and I couldn't find him anywhere. San then quickly disappeared so I went with Cleo and Kalani. We ate and had a really good time. They were trying to get me to drink but I don't like the thought of alcohol after I seen what it did to my dad. So I tried to avoid it. There was a bunch of other drinks though that I drank instead. After dancing my bones off I started to feel crazy. I felt dizzy and everything became funny.

"Wh-what did I drink...?" I asked Cleo.

"Fruit punch..." She giggled.

"Why d-do I feel like this then?" I say barely keeping my balance.

"They put alcohol in it... how much did you drink?" She asked concerned.

"I-I don't know.. I d-drank a lot because it was gooood." I say smiling.

I walked off to get some fresh air and everything felt better than normal. I turn to look and in my hand there was another cup that I forgot I even poured. Behind the building there was a pool and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to go in it. I can't even swim! But I jumped in it. Mingi quickly jumped in after me. He got his black suit all soaked and I remember laughing at him.

"Why on earth would you do that?" He asked confusingly.

I continued to laugh and I hugged him for no reason at all.

"Were you trying to kill yourself?!" He shouted.

"Not this time!" I said giggling.

He looked down at me and just hugged me. He carried me to his car and wrapped a towel around me. My head was on his lap while he was driving and he was playing with my hair. I fell asleep and next thing I know I'm in bed. He comes out the shower and looks me dead in my eyes. By now I'm a bit more sober so I can comprehend a bit better.

"Are you suicidal?" He asked holding my hands.

"No..." I answered confused. I won't lie... I was before but that was a while ago.

"So what did you mean at the party then?" He asked with a stern look.

"I had a past of trying to harm myself... I wouldn't do it though. At the party it was a misunderstanding." I said turning my back towards him.

"Why would you ever want to do that?" He turned me around.

"Listen... it's late can we just talk about this another day? I really don't want to get into it right now." I turned back around and I turned the Tv off.

"Ok... but! I'm getting you a therapist. No going back and forth. You need to talk to someone about these things or it's going to break you." He got into the bed next to me.

"You're right... but I just don't like talking about it." I said.

He came closer to me and put his arm around me to comfort me.

"Are you in any kind of danger?" He asked with a serious expression.

"Well... not anymore." I grab onto him and just hugged him tight. I didn't want to let go of this safe feeling.