best friends ? ~ [ slimecicle ]

[ my chapter got deleted where they do a d&d campaign and i'm so sad. i hope this can make it up for it? Mtdfreak ]

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" i yell in utter confusion. today, charlie and i decided that it would be a good idea to record a video on his channel of us trying to bake a cake.. keyword, trying.

"I'M GONNA MIX THE INGREDIENTS!" he responds with the same tone. "WITH YOUR HANDS?!"

he looks at me, i look at him. we stare at each other until we slowly start to smile, breaking into a pit of laughter. as much as this man gets on my nerves way too much, i think it's safe to say that i'll always love him.. keywords, i think.

why's that, you may ask. well-

"i can do whatever i want, and you're supposed to be the one supporting me no matter what i wanna do! that's what best friends are for, right?"

there you go. we're only friends, best friends. and that's probably what we'll ever be as far as i can tell.

"yeah whatever- OH GOD NO!" at that moment, charlie didn't hesitate to smash his hands in the mixing bowl. "CHARLIE STOP!" as much as how funny i knew it was, i was NOT about to eat this cake if he was really going to continue this. i tried taking his hands away from the bowl, but he kept blocking my body with his own. after a while, i just gave up and watched in complete horror.

"why are you doing this?" i ask.

"don't worry, it'll be good!" he stops and looks at me, "wanna be the taste-tester?" i'd be lying if i said i wasn't curious as to what it tasted like, so decided.. WHY THE HELL NOT?!

i grabbed a spoon and dipped it in the mix. honestly, it wasn't half bad, but definitely needed proper mixing. "AH NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET SICK!!" charlie exclaims.

"HEY, YOU WERE THE ONE WHO ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO TRY IT!"

"BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO, RIGHT?!"

i stay silent, not knowing what to respond. "exactly." i glare at him. "don't worry, i'll be sick with you." he then puts his fingers in his mouth, making sure he got the taste. "NO WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!"

i covered my hands, showing i was in shock. i stared at him as he laughed, making me giggle quietly. "why did you do that?" i ask in a softer tone. "like i said, i'll get sick with you."

i blush as i smile at him. he dips his finger in the mix and boops my nose with the same finger, making us both laugh. i honestly forgot we were making a video until we looked at the camera. "alright everyone, lets pour this in the pan and pop it right in the oven!" charlie announces.

"wait we're not actually gonna stir it properly?"

"NOPE!"

soon enough, we finished pouring the batter in 2 pans and put them in the oven for about 35 minutes. now we wait!

charlie decides to turn off his camera until the cake was ready to decorate. i, on the other hand, started to clean up. a little bit into the cleaning process, charlie started to help me out.

-

as he throws away the last box, i cheer, "YAY, WE DID IT! WE FINISHED CLEANING!!" charlie looks at me and laughs, "you're weird."

"yeah but you still love this weirdo, am i wrong?"

"no you are not. hey thanks for agreeing to do this with me, it means a lot." charlie says as he places his hand behind my head, kissing my forehead. "of course, you know i'll always be here!" i wrap my arms around him, pulling him in a hug that he gladly accepts. "also, you mentioned cake, so i definitely didn't wanna miss out on this." i feel his body vibrate as he laughs, making me laugh as well.

i pull away and sit on the counter, only to see charlie pretending to look sad. i roll my eyes and open my arms. he immediately smiles and hugs me, leaving me laughing at his antics. i pull back a bit to look at him, "so how's your day so far?" we make small conversation before i interrupt him by taking his glasses off.

"hold on, your glasses are dirty." i try my best to clean them with my t-shirt, placing them back on his face. "all done." i look into his eyes and he looks into mine. as if we were thinking the same thing, we start to lean in. slowly but surely, our lips touched; the kiss felt perfect. my hands went to his hair, his going to my waist. he pulls me closer, deepening the kiss.

before we knew it, the timer dings, signaling that the cakes were ready. we pull away and smile at each other, "we.. should probably get that." we laugh as i head over the oven to grab the cake layers and as charlie turns the camera back on.