23

a/n: sorry in advance for this possibly poorly written chap vhsbsjdvdhdbejsheiw

"w–well, hongjoong's kinda..." dahee trails off, not knowing how to tell her sister. "into you?? oh my god the lighter haired one, he likes you? you better tell me you like him back! wait but i kinda shipped you with the taller one who offered me this seat though. he's a gentleman," her shoulders dropped down as she said that, a small pout on her face. dahee frowns her eyebrows in confusion, not knowing what to respond to that. "unnie, no–"

"well it's whatever. now tell me, which one of them do you like? if you pick hongjoong because you feel bad about him, don't. just be honest with yourself and with me. follow your heart. which one of them do you like?" sohee asks and dahee almost wants to laugh at how serious she is, giving such corny advice. "look, unnie, i appreciate you trying to look out for me and everything but— hongjoong's already my boyfriend."

the look on sohee's faces was priceless. her jaw dropped and dahee snickers at this, loving how shocked her sister looks. "why didn't you tell me?!" she exclaims, a hand over her chest, as if she was feeling betrayed by this information. "you didn't let me speak," dahee shrugs her shoulders, earning a playful glare from the older.

a familiar chime of dahee's phone grabbed the sisters' attention and they look over to the table, seeing the phone screen light up with a text. then dahee remembered telling hongjoong about her phone being dead and having lost her charger before she was brought to the hospital. he must've brought it home and charged it for her.

dahee stretches out and grabs her phone. joongie baby ❤️. "speaking of the devil," she smirked at her sister, showing that her boyfriend, hongjoong, had just texted. sohee rolls her eyes, telling her to go open it.

joongie baby ❤️
hey princess

joongie baby ❤️
hwa went to go get some snacks from a
convenience store and i'm at a cafe nearby

joongie baby ❤️
i got your favourite

joongie baby ❤️
can you ask your sister if she wants anything?

"okay, never mind this kid is also a gentleman, i approve of him." sohee says after reading the boy's text over her sister's shoulder. "but tell him i'm fine, i have to go soon. i have some things to settle first, you know, about dad and also the house. i dropped my luggage all at home and rushed here after i landed. the house is a mess."

"sorry you had to come home to that," dahee apologises, feeling guilty about it. her sister finally came home after a long time only to see the house a mess. "hey, dahee, don't apologise. i know it was because of him. don't feel bad, baby sis." she ruffles the girl's hair affectionately. "okay, i have to go now, i'll see you tomorrow to bring you back home. once you get home, everything will be settled and back to normal, okay?"

"thank you, unnie. you're the best. i love you." she mumbles against her sister's chest as they reluctantly let go of each other. sohee slowly walks towards the door, giving her little sister one last wave before leaving. dahee continues staring at the door, already missing her sister, before she almost jumped out of her bed when it opened and seonghwa walked in.

"geez, dahee, did you miss hongjoong that much?" the boy teases after having caught the girl staring at the door longingly. dahee rolls her eyes at this, smacking the boy on the arm when he settled on his usual seat beside her bed.