Chapter 19

The gates open wide allowing Arabella to enter her kingdom with her men. Arabella notices that some of the older people look upset while the children are filled with joy. She smiles and waves at the people before getting off of her horse. All of the young boys and girls crowd in front of Arabella and ask her several questions at once. Shes laughs and smiles as she motions her arms to calm the children down.

"Children please settle down for I am well. I simply had to leave the kingdom to partake in travels of my own desire. Now I must get settled in," she tells the children with a big smile. Severus escorts her to the castle door.

Inside the castle, Arabella is greeted by the priest of her kingdom. The look of sorriness covers his face. His eyes look as though there is a sad story to be told.

"Why the long face Hector?" She asks him with a voice of concern. Hector looks down avoiding eye contact with her.

"Well, it is about your mother. We found her dead this morning in her bed," Arabella's eyes open up wide as if her world had stopped.

"W-what? How? how could she have possibly been killed? She was perfectly healthy and there should have been plenty of guards protecting her?!" tears pour out of her eyes as she speaks.

"Your mother was murdered. The killed snuck in through her window and stabbed her in her sleep. We have yet to find the weapon that killed her. We believe that the killer may have taken his weapon," Arabella wipes the tears from her eyes as she continues to cry. She sobs and manages to collect herself.

"So now that she is gone, what will happen now?"

"You will be crowned Queen tomorrow afternoon. We have no other options," says a man from the top of the stairs. It's is one of the men that determine who gets a royal title. "With your mother gone and father nowhere to be, we have no choice. If you had a brother or a sister than they could have possibly taken the role of Queen or King,"

The guy walks down the steps and walks towards.

"I will take the role of Queen as needed. It is what my mother would have wanted." She tries to dry her eyes more.

"Are you sure that you are ready for such a role Arabella?" Severus asks as he puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, I am ready. I have spent my life up until now preparing for this moment," She looks at the priest.

"It is settled then. Tomorrow we crown Arabella as Queen," He puts his hands together. Arabella takes a moment to let everything sink in. Everything is going as planned better than she had expected. She keeps her face looking sad yet happy to not blow her cover.