Chapter 18

Arabella walks through the castle grounds with her head hanging low looking rather disappointed. She does not even pay attention to where she is walking. Severus manages to find her amongst the crowd of people.
"There you are, Arabella! I was wondering where you had gone. What happened?" Severus asks as he rubs her shoulders gently.
   "I found him, I found dad," She speaks softly as she continues to look at the ground. Severus' eyes instantly widen in shock as he hears the news.
   "What? Really? Where is he?" Arabella sniffles and wipes her eyes.
   "He-he is over in the barn behind me. But I would leave him be for he has a daughter with another woman., can you believe that?" Arabella looks up at Severus with tears streaming down her eyes. "He cheated on my mother and decided to become a common man. Can you believe that?" Arabella continues to say before wrapping burying her face in his chest. Severus is taken off guard and slowly wraps his arms around her.
   "I do not understand. Did he cheat on your mom? Why would he give up his wealth and power for another woman?" Severus rubs her back and holds her close. Arabella continues to sob silently against his chest.
   "I must return home and alert my mother of what I have found out immediately," Arabella looks up at Severus and dries her eyes, and backs away from him. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.
Arabella walks away from Severus heading towards the entrance of the castle grounds. Severus quickly follows behind her as they walk past the crowd of people. The two of them manage to leave the castle grounds without being noticed. They meet up with the other two knights and relay to them the plan to go back to the home kingdom.
   The crew rides their horses back home in silence. Arabella does not say a word as they travel for she does not even know what she would say. Severus keeps an eye on Arabella as he grows worried about her change in attitude.
   The conversation she had with her dad replay an endless loop in her head. A daughter with another woman? How could he do such a thing? Was one woman not enough for him? He was a king with power and massive wealth, why would give up such a role? She must tell her mother what she has found out. Arabella tries to clear her head as they ride back home.