22 Him & I

~Mia~

~Mia~

Several minutes have passed since Vixen left me on the floor of her study. I debated on leaving the room to go find her, but I couldn't find the energy to get up off the floor.

This morning sickness has been getting the best of me. I always felt nauseous and faint—which my doctor said was completely normal.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant clear as day—it was the best feeling. I wanted to call Vixen, but I knew she was rekindling her relationship with her brother River. I wanted to call Elliot, but we agreed to go on with our separate lives.

The thought of being a single mother was scary, but I knew I could do it. I had my brothers to help me in any way they could, and I was more than financially capable of supporting both of us.

After fifteen minutes passed there was a light knock on the door. My heart skipped at the noise—knowing who was behind that door. I had to gather enough courage to speak.

"Come in."

Elliot slowly opens the door and peeks his head in. His brows furrow and his lips frown as he closes the door and rushes to my side.

"Mia, why are you on the floor."

I gave him a weak smile and turned away from his worried gaze.

"Ah, sorry...I couldn't find the strength to stand up."

"Let me help you." His strong arms wrapped around me as he lifted me in a bridal position before I could argue. Just the contact from his touch sent me a wave of butterflies to my stomach. I felt the heat rise onto my face.

He set me down gently on the couch that was across the room. He awkwardly sat next to me—fidgeting with his hands and his gaze on the floor.

"Mia...I want to apo-."

"Elliot we nee-," We said in unison. Elliot lets out a small chuckle before grabbing my hands into his.

"Mia let me go first," his big green eyes boring into mine. I nod and study his beautiful features. "I wanted to apologize for not checking on you after the...incident. I wanted to...but you need to understand the position I was in...River was like my brother and Vixen was losing her shit. I just needed to focus my attention on them...But not a day passed that I didn't think or worry about you. I wanted to be there for you, but I couldn't. I hope if you sorted things out with Vixen...Maybe things can be different."

I watch him intensely as he spoke every word. A small smile formed as I squeezed his hands reassuring him that I understood.

"Elliot, I understand. I can't imagine the position you were in." I nervously bite my lip feeling the nausea build up again. Before I could speak again, I lunged for the garbage bin—letting whatever was left in my body out.

I could feel Elliot's worried expression on me.

"Mia are you okay?" I nodded as he knelt next to me and pulled my hair back.