The coffee shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keys:
Y/n: Your name
Bff/n: Best friends name
E/c: Eye color
H/c: Hair color
F/c: Favorite color, or just any color you want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm late! I'm so very late!" You yell grabbing your keys off the kitchen counter. You got your very first job as a barista, yet you have no experience whatsoever with that kind of thing. Getting a job came hard to you because well, socializing wasn't your specialty either. Getting in your car you drove 2 miles to get there. On the way you couldn't help but cuss at yourself for being late, you forgot to set up your alarm clock for 7 o'clock.

You parked in the parking lot, very sloppily I would say and made your way into the cafe. It was very busy, and I mean very, very busy. You walked into the back where the employees were working their butts off to make drinks and remember orders. They all look at you and you smile awkwardly. One helps you put the apron on and another gives you a tray with food and drinks on it.

"Table nine." They say and scurry off to do something else. This is gonna be great. You thought. You walked out into the cafe and looked for table nine. You found it and served the table. Fairly fast actually. You couldn't even fit in a lunch break it was so darn busy. After the cafe closed you and another employee sat at a booth to catch your breath.

"Dang. Is that how everyone's first day is?" You put your face in your hands still trying to cool off. The guy in front of you (the employee) chuckled and shook his head.

"No, you were just really unlucky. I'm Damiar. You must be y/n." He said, you look up about to reply but a girl cuts you off and starts talking to him. You sigh and get up out of the booth getting all your stuff so you can go home.

"Hey wait," The guy from earlier ran up to you. "I'm sorry about that. She does that a lot." He laughs. You smile looking up at him.

"That's alright. Damiar you said?" He nods and smiles.

"That's me." He replies. There was silence for a little while until damiar broke it. "Hey. You also just moved here right?" He asked, that was true. You moved here to get away from what was going on at home. But that's a story for another day.

"Uh yeah. How'd you know?" You asked while crossing your arms.

"Word gets around easy here." He says, you nodded. "But I was wondering. Since your new and all, me and the other employees are going out this weekend, I wanted to know if you wanted to come? Maybe? You don't have to, but we'd prefer for you to come." He says, you went silent. No one ever really asked you that before. It was new and you wanted to say no but for some reason you said yes.

His eyes lit up and the smile on his face grew, "Great! We're all meeting at the mall. Here's my number so I can send you the address." He says giving you a small piece of paper with his number on it. He waved goodbye and left with everyone else. What have I gotten myself into?

You go home and flop down onto your bed. Still pretty exhausted after today. You decide to call your best friend, bff/n. You dial their number and put the phone to your ear. They didn't pick up, that's kinda weird you thought but just assumed they were busy. You get up and make a cup of tea and sit down on your couch. It's kinda lonely in here. Deep in your thoughts you get a knock at your door. You ignored it. But they knocked again, and again.

"Alright! Alright!" You yelled walking to the door. You opened it and there was a perfectly wrapped box on your doorstep. You pick it up wondering who left it for you. You close your door behind you and stare at it. Please don't be a bomb. You open the box and there's a tiny card in there. Confused you open the card and it says:
'The only sun I see is you.'
There was also A tiny smiley face on it. Do you have a secret admirer? But how? You don't know anyone here yet. You set the box aside and decide to go to bed early so your refreshed in the morning.