Chapter 5

The ride was deadly silent, and once I got home, I found it was destroyed. I mean destroyed my things where on the floor destroyed, walls destroyed and furniture was broken. I covered my mouth as Maxwell came over to let me fully inside and said, "Hey Stella, how are you?"

"What happened, Maxwell," I questioned. Glass is everywhere, and I am in flip flops making me watch my steps as he said, "He got out yesterday on good behavior. The minute we were told we rushed over here, Stella."

Wait, he was let go from prison, but he was meant to be in there for life. Marcus was a monster making me look at Maxwell and say, "You don't mean Marcus Maxwell."

"I am sorry, Stella, we fought him, but he played the system. Look, he got out on the condition, he stays away from you, and he just violated that even if you weren't here. Let us just get the evidence he was here, and he will be back in prison like he never left," Maxwell said. That's easier said than done; the reason he came here was that he knew he would never get caught. Marcus isn't dumb, and he won't make a mistake like he did last. I hugged myself and shook my head no as I said, "No, Maxwell, we both know you won't catch him. Marcus isn't dumb, which is why you had to use me against him. Marcus won't make a mistake and go back to prison, Maxwell, we both know it."

Maxwell cupped my face and said, "Look at me, Stella, I will make sure he is back in prison before anything happens to you. Marcus won't touch a hair on your head; Stella, for now, I want to put you in a hotel for the night with a detail. Tomorrow we will talk more, so go grab a change of clothes really fast."

I sighed and started to leave, but someone came inside, making me see Cole, but I am still not happy with him. I looked at him as Maxwell said, "This is a crime scene, sir."

"I am here for Stella," Cole said. Maxwell looked at me and said, "Do you know who this is Stella?"

"Umm, Cole," I said. Maxwell sighed, "You are a trouble magnetic, I swear. Go get clothes, Stella, it's getting late."

"Stella, come stay with me; you will be even safer, and you can stay there permanently," Cole said. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place right now, which isn't fair. I sighed, "I mean, I don't want to burden you; Cole and Maxwell have guarded me before."

"I insist Stella plus I have a house you can stay in with guards around them twenty-four-seven," Cole said. Maxwell looked at me and said, "Stella, it's up to you, but he may be able to protect you better from Marcus then the cops here as much as I hate to admit it. If we where home, I would say no, but here it's different."

"I hate to impose Cole," I mumble as I bit my finger. Cole smiled and said, "You aren't imposing now; go get some clothes."

I sighed, knowing I wasn't going to win and left for my room, but a female cop followed me to help me. She grabbed a suitcase, and so did I which I filled up with clothes, PJs, three shoes and underwear. Once I finished, I went out, and they helped me to Cole's car. Once there, Maxwell said, "Stella, be careful and don't take Marcus lightly."

"Why are you telling me that I dealt with him since I was a child Maxwell," I said. Maxwell gave me a sad smile and hugged me before he left to talk to Cole. I hopped in the car and buckled up to lay down because I am tired. After a minute, Cole got inside, and we left, but after a bit he said, "I am not dating that girl was trying to make you think we were, baby girl. I promise she belongs to another there but she wants to mine."

I didn't answer, making Cole grab my hand and say, "Baby girl, I have proof on my phone, but I don't know if you're ready for it yet."

I looked at Cole, making him see he was completely serious, so I sighed and shook my head yes. I relax against the seat as he said: "Now who is Marcus."