Chapter FOURTEEN

Chapter FOURTEEN

Dream

That night went so smooth. I didn't expect that thing easily went through. In just one blink were together for real. Before I got into a deep sleep he calls me. We've talked a little bit about our lives until we bid goodbye to each other and slept peacefully.

I was walking down the aisle, wearing the dress that every woman dream of. A smile in my lips slowly protroded as I swiftly move my feet. Until I reach to my man. He holds my hand and together we face to the altar. This is it! The happiest day ever in my life.

"Do you Miss Cathrine Chavez take Mr. Ivan Ramirez to be your husband? Both happiness and in sadness, both richer and in poverty, no matter what had happen till death do us part." the priest utter those words.

"I do." I answered immediately.

"Do you Ivan Ramirez take Cathrine Chavez to be your weeded wife? In..." the priest can't able to continue the statement because  Ivan interrupted and gave his answer already.

"I do." he smiled to the priest in front of us. The priest also did. After saying our vows and slide the ring to our fingers the priest smiled.

"Okay since your husband is too much excited, you may now kiss the bride!"

Ivan slowly grabbed my waist, he pulled me closer to him and lean up to kiss me. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips against mine and together with it the cheered of the crowd.

I woke up slowly and remained in a state between conscious and unconscious for about two minutes before I finally snapped into reality. It was just a dream. God, damn  dream! How I wish it would turn into reality.

I was reminiscing the dream that I had when my phone suddenly beep, I grab and take a look at it. I saw ate Dienn's number in the screen, I quickly answered it.

"Hello ate, uhm.. good morning." I answered and greeted her. For the past weeks minsan na lang kami nakapag-usap ni ate kasi masyado akong naging busy sa work ko. I missed his voice, lalong-lalo na yung pamangkin ko.

"Morning too, how's your work?" she asked as I heard her baby's voice echoed in the background.

"It's fine pero medyo stress na rin, hinimatay nga ako kahapon dahil sa sobrang busy na rin siguro buti't nandoon si I... ahh... Ivan." I explained. Nag-aalinlangan pa sa huling salitang bibitiwan pero sa huli I choose to say it out. Now or later is still the same thing, she would know the state of our status.

"Ivan? You mean Ivan Ramirez?" she asked.

"Yes ate." I answered her. , kailan ang kasal?" she giggled and asked.

"What? Wedding agad? Ate naman your too good at joking." I commented. 'This girl is so damn excited.

"Oh sorry for that, I just imagine 'cause your already at the right age to settle down Cath, for God sake dika pabata ng pabata." she explained.

"I know my dear sister pero bago pa nga lang naging kami kasal agad? Grabe ka naman." I chuckled.

"Okay, it's your decision Cath. Just update me about everything by this time I have to hang up kasi may gagawin pa ako." she stated and bid her goodbye before hugging it up.

When the call ends, I saw two new messages from the unknown number. I realized it's Ivan. I haven't put any name in his number. I read his message first before putting it's name.

Ivan:
'Good night and I love you.' that was last night's message from him.

'Good morning baby, just wakin' up. I miss you!' this was sent 8 minutes ago.

I type my reply.

Me:
'Morning rin, I'm sorry for the late reply. Ate Dienn called me a while ago that's why.' I sent it immediately.

After our exchange of messages, I fixed myself and eat my breakfast and finally went to our office.

The whole week was actually fine. As usual he still sent some flowers in the office. I got also a chance to tell Jennie about our relationship when we got some time to talk. She giggled upon knowing everything and ask so many random questions. One time Ivan pick me up after work and we both decided to drop by in my favorite resto to eat our dinner first before going home. 

While eating our dinner my phone rang. Ate Dienn's name pop up on the screen. Napadalas yata ito sa pagtawag.

"I'll just answer it." I excuse myself and he nodded as a sign of approval.

"Hello Ate?" I answered when I reached in the silent place far from other customers.

"Ca-Cath don't be shock, I have something to tell you." she stuttered.

Bigla akong kinabahan. "What was that?" I asked confused.

"Mom's back, she's here now." she revealed.

"What? How come? I mean, How did she came back easily after so many damn years of leaving us?" l asked. Our mother leave's us when we were still kids. My father is the only one that cares for us ever since and raise us as a good daughter. When our father died I was so devastated. Ate Dienn was the only one who stands as both father and mother to me.

"Mom wants to talk to you."

"For what?" I asked.

"I don't know but Cath she's still our mother after all, kahit na gaano man kasama ang nagawa nya sa atin. I hope you can forgive her."

"I know Ate. Okay I'll just ask permission to our manger first." I said.

"Thanks Cath, bye." she ended the call.

I go back inside and tell Ivan what happen. After dinner he drove me home.