Chapter IV: Favorite

*French Vocabulary*
oui = yes
---

Éponine faked a frown in a rather vain attempt to make the boys spill the beans. "Oh, come on, tell me! He can't be that bad!" Some snickered at her words, and some clapped their hands as they continued laughing.

"He honestly isn't that bad,'Ponine. We were just teasing." Bossuet admits as he wraps his arm around her needlelike shoulders. It was quite surprising that they grew so comfortable around one another in merely a matter of minutes.

She rolled her eyes jokingly in response to their pestering, "Yeah, 'Ponine. Adrien is the best! And so are Elias and Pierre," defended Combeferre, as he messes her hair lightly.

"That's true; I can't wait for you to meet them!" Jehan, once again, jumps joyfully-as if it was now his habit.

After the giggling has subsided, "So . . . do you still have my white ship? It's wonderful, isn't it?" asks Joly with gleaming pride, as he crossed his arms.

"What about my book, how do you find its plot?" Combeferre inquires, beaming optimistically. He was truly curious.

"I'm pretty certain that the flute was amazing!" claims Jehan, merrily. He was clapping his hands together, and his amis laughed at him.

"In all honesty, that glossy ship was very, very, very slippery, and I can hardly hold it for a minute! As for the book, I am sadly not that literate." They chortled at the notion of Joly's slick ship, but frowned at her being somehow illiterate. They volunteered to teach her some time.

"Then again, I appreciate your generosity and kindness, boys." Then, her eyes landed on the owner of the flute. "Regarding your flute, Jehan, I would've liked it better if it wasn't broken." She chuckled a bit. Her statement rendered Jehan feeling a bit mortified, and the rest chuckling at the thought. He apologized and promised to bring a functioning flute next time.

Éponine, then, sighed-a heavy one. "Your toys were way too beige. I really wanted a flashy one though."

"Then here you go," a voice from behind her spoke. The newcomer shoved a maroon-colored eagle in Éponine's grip.

"Adrien!" Jehan chirped.

"Boy, oh boy, we thought you'll never return with Elias and Pierre!" Courfeyrac teased, as Joly gave him a high five while giggling.

Enjolras ignored his buddies' chivying as he assertively entered the scene, with the nicked Bahorel and Feuilly treading nimbly behind him.

He saw how Éponine marveled at the sight of his toy. Enjolras, then, positioned himself in Éponine's very front, eyeing her meticulously. Bahorel situated himself on her left; whereas Feuilly found himself by her right. They had agreeable and friendly miens plastered across their visages.

Bahorel, in an absolutely fast manner, stole Enjolras's and Feuilly's opportunity of introducing either of them first, "Please know me as Elias Bahorel. It really is nice to meet you, Mademoiselle." They shook hands in gladness as they smiled politely at each other.

"You must be Mademoiselle 'Ponine. It's my pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Pierre Percival Feuilly, but you may address me simply as Pierre." He gently kissed her hand, and she smiled her hello.

"I am Adrien Gabriel Enjolras. It is indeed a great honor, Mademoiselle." He raised her hand-the one that Feuilly did not kiss-and softly kissed it himself. Although he was still a tad disturbed by her thanklessness, he could not risk on producing a bad first impression.

Éponine beamed widely, "It's nice to formally meet everyone else. I am Éponine Thénardier." She spoke to the three guys who have just arrived. They nodded and flashed small smiles in response.