CHAPTER 15 - OF THEIR OWN ACCORD

21.45 hours

October 19th, 2016

Sgt. Joseph Mueller – US Army Rangers

Carl had taken position among the ridges overlooking the village. It was a rather small place, though our recon didn't exactly find a company of terrorists. Instead, we only found little more than a platoon. Behind the cover of darkness, the drone detected about ten guys on rooftops.

I went out of the house and turned left, going behind one of two houses just ahead, and stuck against the wall as I listened in. There are two guys just outside on the road, and three behind sandbags on the opposite side of the road including a mounted PKM. I readied my M32 40 mm multi-grenade launcher and took cover behind the two crates left of me, just outside the corner of the house.

"Ready when you are," Carl radioed.

"MG gunner. Okay... now."

*BANG!*

The loud boom of Carl's M82A1 startled the guys. Either that, or the sight of the machine gunner having his head blown off like a watermelon did. Works for me, either way, that's my cue.

I immediately popped out of cover and fired a 40 mm grenade at the two terrorists my side of the road, taking out both of them in the blast. One guy on my two raised his AK at me, but was immediately taken out as I quickly shifted my sights to him and launched another 40 mm. It blew him up on the spot as it impacted right under his ass, and apparently wounded another two guys who rushed behind him.

I pulled myself back into cover as I switched to my SCAR-H and turned around, and went to my right along the other side of the house. I peeked out of the corner and fired off a burst at the guy behind the dead machine gunner. Three guys rushed just behind him, but before they can fire at me I went back into cover.

Carl fired again. I peeked out and as I saw one guy collapse with his head blown off, I fired a salvo at the remaining two guys. One got hit in the stomach and the other in the chest and head. I rushed across the road towards the sandbag wall in front of me and crouched behind it.

"Behind you!"

*BANG!*

The gunshot of the anti-material rifle boomed across the air again just as I arrived. But no head popped off in front of me, as I heard a thud on my six. I turned around to find a dead guy lying on the trail... and another guy stepping over him as he rushed towards me with a machete.

I let go of my right hand from the M32 and quickly whipped out my Raging Judge. I aimed square at his stomach and pulled the trigger. Next thing I know after feeling the recoil, the buckshot just eviscerated the guy right there. He collapsed on the trail as his guts spill out.